- - - - -

my car is bein reborn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _70rey_

_70rey_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:08 PM

hey all just letting everyone know about my car, i also have a few questions to ask.

i am currently puttin a black 202 into my car which isnt standard. i have also just bought a xu1 lsd dif for it aswell..

the thing im unsure of is that im puttin my standard m20 gearbox back in and dont know if it is strong enough to do the job.

dont get me wrong i love cars and im not a hoon as such (thus no burnouts) but i just want something strong in there.

can i reabuild this gearbox to make it stronger of should i just get a different one.

thanks for all your help

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

The LSD Banjo will be the thing giving you strife... I don't know how hot this black motor is but M20s are pretty strong and as long as it's in alright condition in the first place you won't exactly chew through it by shifting hard here and there.

I can't say I've ever heard of a 'beefened up' M20/M21; only really Trimatics. I think when most people want something a bit more practical for a six they go for a Celica or even better a Supra 5spd. That requires different tailshafts etc though so it's not ideal either.

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

I think the Aussie four speed should be fine for what you are doing. unless the 202 is really really wild you should be pretty fine.

Got any pics of your car mate?

Steve

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users