BALLARAT SWAP MEET 25TH AND 26TH FEB

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hi, anyone goin up to Ballarat swap meet this weekend?

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#2 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hi, anyone goin up to Ballarat swap meet this weekend?

Cheers
JNR_ATE

yeah mate, posted the same thing a while back.

will be going up with a couple of mates.

#3 _sloper35_

_sloper35_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

Just be aware that the good oil here in Ballarat is that the Police/Sheriff's department are planning an even bigger visit to the swap this year. Last Swap many who had unpaid fines found their cars clamped. They also cleaned up Stolen cars, lost Milk Crates, unregistered cars. All good stuff for us law abiding citizens. Another item inspected in the past has been dodgy trailers.
And if you have a car on Club plates you need to have you log book filled in, I suspect they will be checking this.

Norm

#4 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

can anyone shed light on the dodgy trailer thing?

#5 _sloper35_

_sloper35_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

Trailers that are unroadworthy, unregistered tandams, stolen tandams etc

#6 _daveHQ_

_daveHQ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:02 PM

Just be aware that the good oil here in Ballarat is that the Police/Sheriff's department are planning an even bigger visit to the swap this year. Last Swap many who had unpaid fines found their cars clamped. They also cleaned up Stolen cars, lost Milk Crates, unregistered cars. All good stuff for us law abiding citizens. Another item inspected in the past has been dodgy trailers.
And if you have a car on Club plates you need to have you log book filled in, I suspect they will be checking this.

Norm

as norm predicted the sheriff/s were in full swing, they were clamping wheels everywhere, i seen a guy get fined for having milk crates!

#7 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:31 PM

Norm

as norm predicted the sheriff/s were in full swing, they were clamping wheels everywhere, i seen a guy get fined for having milk crates!

strangely enough i didnt see one officer and i went up friday night. then again i was all the way out back. im quite shocked about the milk crate thing, surely it cannot be against the law.

#8 _daveHQ_

_daveHQ_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

they were driving up and down the isles with a laptop in the car checking the number plates

#9 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

where was i, gee.

i really want to know the legality of having milk crates in your possession.

#10 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:32 PM

always remain the property of the dairy
unless you pay them..... i think
or the dairy goes out of busness
so in therory all milk crates are stolen lol
chep/loscom pallets are the same

#11 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

yeah fair enough, but first they have to prove that it belongs to the dairy, and that the dairy is still in business etc etc. bunch of crap if you ask me.

#12 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

no you have to prove you own it
not the other way round
(it's printed on the side)
it's crap but that's the law m8t
and only the most strictest cop will bust you for it
most will just warn you at best

#13 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

eh, nothing better to do in my opinion... but i guess they are the brakes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users