what rims to fit an LH?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _bon_scott_

_bon_scott_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 09:45 PM

as you might have read, i might be getting an LH torry.
my dad says if i do i have to upgrade from the standard rims to something that a real tyre will go on. did any kingswood wheels fit the lh? how much would a set of 14x6 or so rims set me back?
what else can i do to fit other model rims like commodore rims?
cheers
chris

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:14 PM

Volvo and HK - HG Holden rims are the popular fitment that don't cost the earth. I have a spare set of 5 spoke, 15x7 alloys rims that may become redundant shortly. Comes with 195/60 and 205/60 tyres. The rims are currently in Melbourne.

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:38 PM

Are these Volvo 5-Spokes you're talking about Chopper?

#4 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:48 PM

I think they are Speedy. Want me to look? Offset is +22 I think. They fit under my lowered UC fine.

#5 _bon_scott_

_bon_scott_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:27 PM

cheers everyone.
i'll have to check out ebay. sorry about the triple post, i tried to post and it came up with an error twice, then i gave up but 3 threads appeared :blink:
woops

#6 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:13 AM

Definitely go 7" wide (no flares). Just do some ringing around to find out about future tyre size availability for 14's. That's what I'd be doing. My preference is still Hotwires, they just look good, although do like my 5 spoke Dragways as well, although a bit suseptable to buckling, but look good. Hotwires seem to be a good all round wheel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users