lj aussie four speed clutch fork

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:11 PM

hello all todays been a shitter as dad went to take my faithful torana to work today but as soon as he got out of the drive way the clutch went to the floor and hasnt budged he checked for the rod to see if it had popped out or bent but it was there so it must be the clutch fork i was wondering is that job a gearbox out or is it easier to do it under the car

thanks

chevy_253_torana

torana fans on msn add me [email protected]

#2 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:17 PM

So whot actually happend is the clutch jammed in ! sounds like a gear box out to me mate sounds like the diaphragm has collapesed !

cheers :huh:

Edited by dave720gtr, 16 May 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

hi managed to get under the car on the weekend found the rellay brace had broken off at one end and was majorily cracked at the other. Then when i cleaned it, discovered some peanut had bronze welded up the end that broke dad got the arc to it and patched it up so itl work now but i wouldnt mind finding a new 1 for it thanks for your help anyways dave

chevy

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

Dellow sell or used to sell new strengthened clutch forks,very strong & thick.I think I bought mine for $60 when I found mine was bent.Heavy pressure plate used with the old std clutch fork.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users