Nowra/South Coast Cars

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 _snatchback_

_snatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Well bugger me...I was at South Nowra this evening (in My XR8 Ute)at the Servo and before me was a rare sight...2 LX Sedans (Red and Black) with full flare kits etc filling up with fuel...I spoke to the guy in the Red one and mentioned this run and he said he is trying to get to it....it will depend if he can get back in time. I hadnt seen either of them before and asked if they were locals and said yes...sorry no pics...

I have also seen a White and Yellow LX Sedans on the coast...Havent had a chance to catch up with these 2 yet. Hopefully they will get along???

Hey Pat...I should be able to join your mob ...so send me a pm on your intended travels times etc.

hey champ the black slr you saw is mine i was at the caltex next to the red 4 door i have only just got the old girl rego'd last week i have to work on sunday but im trying to swap shifts, i live at south nowra so you will see alot more of the torana as i built it to be a everyday driver im also doing up lx 77 hatch too.
cheers phil

Attached Files

#27 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

nice.in fact very :clap:just wish i hadnt sold my 4 door after seeing that.hope you and your mate can make it.and i hope this antarctic blast has gone by sunday.pat do something about this canberra weather lol.leave it there.

Edited by rob350hatch, 12 May 2011 - 07:29 AM.

#28 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

another torana from nowra :welcome:

i cant make it on sunday,i think the missus has something planned.and my car doesnt even look like a torana (covered in 12 months worth of dust).

#29 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

^ I will leave the tow bar off so I don't tow our weather down there.

Looking reasonable in Nowra for Sunday:
SUN Morning Clouds. Mild. 13 km/h
S - 50%
Min. 10
Max. 18

Moot, blow that dust off. Nice to hear of two more Toranas down there.

#30 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Oops, looks like some of you know me from my other life down there. :)

Infamous, not famous.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 12 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#31 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

Forecast for Sunday
Sunny. Areas of frost inland early in the morning. Winds west to southwesterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h tending westerly and light during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 0 and 6 with daytime temperatures reaching between 13 and 18.

Dangerous surf conditions, hazardous for coastal activities such as swimming, surfing and rock fishing, are expected.

BowralLight early frost. Sunny.Min2Max12WollongongSunny.Min10Max17

NowraSunny.
Min5Max17

cheers Keith

#32 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

Excrement, um I mean excellent.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 May 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#33 _Mid Life Crisis_

_Mid Life Crisis_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I will be there in my 2000 Lancer "owe the shame of it all"

Unless someone can drop into my house with a tow rope

Yes Pat.... some of us know who you are hehehe..................see you on Sunday (tomorrow)

What time do you reckon you will get to G-well Pt

Attached Files

#34 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

Pat, Pre 80's group, STC and anyone else attending have a good trip, I will be thinking of you guys.

Enjoy.

Herne

#35 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

About 11:30-12:00 I think? Not really sure, I'm not the organiser, just going for the drive. PM me your number if you want, and I will text you when at Ulladullah.

#36 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:08 AM

Well bugger me...I was at South Nowra this evening (in My XR8 Ute)at the Servo and before me was a rare sight...2 LX Sedans (Red and Black) with full flare kits etc filling up with fuel...I spoke to the guy in the Red one and mentioned this run and he said he is trying to get to it....it will depend if he can get back in time. I hadnt seen either of them before and asked if they were locals and said yes...sorry no pics...

I have also seen a White and Yellow LX Sedans on the coast...Havent had a chance to catch up with these 2 yet. Hopefully they will get along???

Hey Pat...I should be able to join your mob ...so send me a pm on your intended travels times etc.

hey champ the black slr you saw is mine i was at the caltex next to the red 4 door i have only just got the old girl rego'd last week i have to work on sunday but im trying to swap shifts, i live at south nowra so you will see alot more of the torana as i built it to be a everyday driver im also doing up lx 77 hatch too.
cheers phil

Good one...good to see it out and about....

I have a couple of Torana's...but this one will be what you will hopefully see...Chamois LX Hatch 308 :)

And Pat give me a call when you are in Ulladulla

Posted Image

#37 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Will do guys. Best go stick some plugs in, change the oil and filter.

Dave, looks like you need a 'sanding' party. Remember not to invite me.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 14 May 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#38 _WhiteKnight_

_WhiteKnight_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Why u not going Al?????

cheers Keith

#39 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

Keith , ill probably meet up in Mt Keira with you guys around 10am

#40 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Yella is ready.

Mid-Life, you have something nice going on with that bonnet, can't quite put my finger on it.

Knew there was a reason I wasn't looking forward to a plug change - Damn you No. 7. My arms seem to have gotten fatter.

#41 originalglenn

originalglenn

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

Well been busy today

dialled in some less camber and some more caster and re did the toe in

pumped up the tyres

changed the oil

fixed the speaker that wasnt working

pulled out the dash and replaced the globe that had blown

and fixed that maddening squeak

swaped the front and rear seatbelts on the pasenger side ( so the missus will fit in..put em in back to front a long time ago!)

so if all goes well ill see you there

#42 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:56 PM

Why u not going Al?????

cheers Keith

Hi Keith

No driver for mine PLUS and this is a biggie, I only found out last week my car is needed at the wedding Expo here at the AIS tomorrow (The Dream is now a reg'd restricted hire car for formals and weddings. Danny will be driving those.)
So that excluded me from going as a passenger too - not that anyone offered lol I did know about the expo a long time ago but forgot all about it.

I spent the day cleaning and polishing my car for tomorrow and luckily Danny turned up so he got on the creeper and painted the black tail pipes again.

Al

#43 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hey all....well the weather for this day was absolutely fantastic...bright sunny day, with nearly no wind :)

Thanks to Pat for asking me along to this...was the easiest Torana run I have ever had....Slept in till 8.30 and then drove out to the hwy to
greet the Canberra boys on their way up the coast at 11am near Sussex Inlet.

Great to catch up with you all...anyhoo here are a couple of my pics from my new Nokia phone...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and the Stand out car for me... good effort great lookin car....

Posted Image

Pete Chamois LX Hatch 308

#44 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

yeah what an awesome day .and a good turnout of cars and a top group of people and a good feed.hope to go on another similar run.it was fun.pat i didnt get a chance to see you too busy with the kids.

#45 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:24 PM

Just home now. Yeah awesome day. Yeah, I saw you, but you were busy at the time. I spoke to your passenger though. Hope you have a good bath with disinfectant!!!

Can you believe the weather? and fresh fish and chips for $11.00!!! Unbelievable.

Oh, I still have my Pelican poo!!

#46 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:40 PM

hahaha yeah i got that as well Pat, we must have been in the low fly zone of that damn bird with the runs.

Top day, great weather, great company and alot of nice cars out to play, Good to catch up with everyone and to meet some new people.

#47 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:48 PM

Thanks to Gary Harwood for the idea, I was just a groupie.

#48 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks to Gary Harwood for the idea, I was just a groupie.

More photo's I hope Pat??

Glad you had a good run mate :)

Al.

#49 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

Got to go Mum's for lamb roast. Will post the pics when I'm back. I've sent Sue the pics.

#50 _LXChev366_

_LXChev366_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

For those in Canberra that thought that my car was a right off as it was wrapped around a Telegraph pole back in 2002...well no, it was actually a small 10cm pole (by previous owner)
Not that bad really, here is the damage before the panel beater got to it. They repaired the guard.

Posted Image

and after...
Posted Image

Edited by LXChev366, 15 May 2011 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users