Old Bathurst Officail Programmes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

I was recently given a box of old car mags(modern motoring, sports car world, V8 action,giant killers,wheels) they all cover the full torana range from 1968 to 1979 write ups on all the 70,s muscle cars and more.
Also in there was 3 programmes from bathurst (almost a book with all the info you needed to know) they are from 1975,1977,1978 they are in good nic just showing signs of age what would they be worth.
I am not interested in selling them just wondering what your thoughts were.
Cheers Rob

#2 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:16 PM

Lots.

V8 Action and Giant Killers are quite popular on Ebay, as are the early Bathurst programmes. Depends what someone is willing to pay, but I'd say at least $20 for each of these, but could easily be triple. As the Bathurst programmes are of the Group C era, then they could even be worth up to $100.

As for the car mags, it depends on if there are any interestng articles, eg road tests on muscle cars, or sneak previews on upcoming models.

Hope the yellow beastie is still going strong!

#3 _Flatliner_

_Flatliner_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Dave.
The mags have all the write ups for each model as and even before they were released they also have sneak pictures of LH range before release.
The V8 Action and Giant Killers are in very good nic and a very good piece of motoring history with plenty of info on all the torana's raced.
The wheels have the usual test's between all the 70's muscle cars and reviews on all the cars of the day.
There is also some interesting facts about all the going's on of the car manufacters and lot's of tech info also.
I can't get over the prices of the mags back then most were under a $1 with Wheels coming it at the most expencive at $1:25
One piece of info I found interesting is GMH exported 71 LJ 4 doors with aircon to Iran.
All have some conection to Torana's in some way.
Cheers Rob

#4 Dr Terry

Dr Terry

Technical + Numbers Guru + Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

Hi Guys.

The early ones (1968 & before) were only issued at the track on the day & these are as rare as. I've seen them go for over $600.

From 1969 onwards they were sold in newsagents across the country weeks before the event & are far more common. A few years ago you could see then around for $20, but as the Muscle car scene has picked up, $80 to $100 is not out of the questiuon.

Dr Terry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users