lj v8 conversion info wanted

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

hello fellow torana enthusiasts its me again this time with a v8 project im doing up i am wanting to get it engineered and have been told too many different stories on the actual requirements ive been told by some that u need hadfields chassis kit and others no some told me only 1 lh lx steering knuckle etc is there a downgraded requiremtn as im only using a stocko 253 for mine also wat is the minimum requirements for this conversion in victoria

all replies are apreciated thanks chevy :rockon:

#2 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:19 PM

go to the RTA and they can give you a list of engineers.

#3 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

V8 conversion article

To start with id read that and also find an engineer before you start and find out what they want you to do to comply the vehicle. I got to many different answers to the question when i asked engineers about it. I believe 308 up here is only retractable front seat belts. Another thing is to try and plan all the stuff you want to do and get it all engineered at once that way everything is listed on your mod certificate.

There are plenty of people who have done the conversion on here including me and were only to happy to help if asked.

#4 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Not sure what state your in but i just enginneered mine in nsw here you will need chassis kit,brakes and you will do your steering shaft you can use LH ones but i done mine using a splined one to clear exhaust whichever way you go extractars or manifolds but retractable seat belts no also heavy duty springs .

#5 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Not sure what state your in but i just enginneered mine in nsw here you will need chassis kit,brakes and you will do your steering shaft you can use LH ones but i done mine using a splined one to clear exhaust whichever way you go extractars or manifolds but retractable seat belts no also heavy duty springs .

#6 _LJ308injected_

_LJ308injected_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:25 AM

It depends on state although i remember a Lj a few yrs ago now in VIC and didnt need a engineers as it was a 253 and they said because it had less horsepower than a xu1. Although as previously posted ring vic roads as they give out requirements all the info as i am nearly through mine just have to get final inspection.

Regards: Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users