xu-1 holden 6 camshafts

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Tighe still offer a wide range of excellent cam choices for the Holden sixes mate! I have a complete list of their charts here given to me by Dean many years ago. Waggot 104 is a big angry sounding bastard, they were VERY popular in the good old days.

#77 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Ive stumbled across a cam in the shed and was wondering if anyone can identify it.

Its marked 191A4 ,no other markings.

Cheers in advance.

#78 70 XU-1

70 XU-1

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Car:LC GTR, XU-1 & 4.2 SS Hatch
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 November 2022 - 10:35 AM

I recently had an email discussion on this subject. I've pasted part of it below

Reaching out to see if old Johnno is still around? It’s a long shot dragging up such an old thread, but I’ve found the discussion very helpful. I’m am wondering where we’re at with the new technology cams? I’m about to build again and it seems choices like cam tech have disappeared. So, is ‘modern profile’ the way to go and if so who should I be talking to? Any directions appreciated…

#79 caterham2

caterham2

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Location:Mansfield North East Victoria not the other one in QLD
  • Car:Ford Focus RS AWD Gone over to the dark side .. Mercedes-Benz SLK350 Ford Cortina 2 door MK1 Twin Cam

Posted 21 November 2022 - 07:36 AM

IRC Old Johno had a gutfull of some of the individuals on here. He has left the site , permanently 

#80 73TORANA!

73TORANA!

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Geoff

Posted 21 November 2022 - 04:48 PM

I had a couple of these " next gen " Cams from Cam Tech and to be honest I didnt notice any real difference to my set up which is basically 202 CD175's Hi comp 161 head with 308 valves. My be if I ran webbers ? it may have been better. I did find however with the radicle steep ramp of these cams the lifters copped a hiding. I ended going back to an old tech by Wade, the grind escapes me at this time; it worked better for the same valve lift and no more lifter issues. The Cam tech grind was a 634A-107. Im tipping the lack of performance was more to do with my set up not being suited. 

#81 I'm a Red Motor fiend

I'm a Red Motor fiend

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LJ 4 door, LC GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:14 PM

Call Tighe or Clive cams

0 user(s) are reading this topic