Channel 7 to Broadcast V8's in 2007

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:58 AM

So.....what do people think of the decision that Channel 7 are to broadcast the V8 supercar championship in 2007 onwards?

Personally i think its a shame, and i hope that they do a better job than what they did previously. Channel 10 has provided us with great coverage and devoted massive amounts of time and money into the V8's.

I certainly hope CH7 dont bring back Mike Raymond as commentry.......Id guess Mark Oastler mike get a recall too

#2 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

Hope your wrong as i dont want to go back to the nights where i would be watching them at 11:30pm on a sunday night.

Plus i think ch10 do a great job and is the one to watch on a sunday afternoon.

Well channel 7 dont have afl rights at the moment so they maybe ok but i did hear they were getting the rights back so god knows what going to happen.

Will not be happy if i have to go back to recording it on a sunday night and then reading about it before i have watched in the papers the next morning :furious: :furious:

Edited by LC69GTR, 21 May 2006 - 11:44 AM.

#3 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

Im certainly not Joking that CH7 have got the rights for next year, it was announced yesterday.

CH7 also have the AFL rights back as of next year as far as im aware, in a joint deal with CH 10, i wonder if this had something to do with it.

#4 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:24 PM

I hate channel 7, it has grandma shows, but I like Channel 10 because they do all the best segments and camera shots etc, "And that's the way I like it" Atleast they'll still have RPM on channel 10

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

Corcoran, TEGA and the boys would have negotiated prime time dont you worry. There is NOWAY they are letting it be pushed back to midnight like before, it is too much of a rater at the moment for that to happen.
R

#6 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:58 PM

HOPEFULLY THEY HAVE BRAINS IN THERE HEADS AND SHOW THE BIANTE HISTORICS AS ID MUCH RATHER WATCH THEM THAN THE V8S ANYDAY :D

#7 Litre8

Litre8

Thrillseeker

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Name:Howard
  • Car:1976 LX SLR8000

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

We were screwed well and truly last time 7 had the TV rights. See edited highlights at midnight on Sunday after a replay of the Under 12 football from Lower Wherethef*ckarewe.

Now they have paid so much for the tv rights it will be shown in prime time to get the advertising revenue but they will stuff in so many ads that we will still be screwed.

#8 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

I think the coverage can still better. I feel it isnt live, so why is it that when we do go to ads, we come back and something major has happened, such as a prang, pass etc.

It is not my imagination either so please dont say so. New Zealand there were large crashes and we saw them after an ad break!!! I was at Bathurst amd 3 times we were on a break last year when something major happened, one of them being the Murphy/Ambrose thing! OK Bathrust is live, however it should be Commercial free ... or at least they can cancel ads when necessary.

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

Bah, V8 boring cars, thank god SBS still has speedweek, so makes no difference to me. I can't watch the V8 Supercars anymore.

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

The press release says over 1000 hours of live broadcast which is a 15% increase on the current arrangement so I guess that settles the arguement and worries.
R

#11 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

Doesn't solve the bore factor issue though.

#12 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

Doesn't solve the bore factor issue though.

Bloody oath ^

Only real reason I went to winton last weekend was for the Biante series. That series is far more exciting than the V8's.

#13 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

Forgot to add, ch7 does suck, they did nothing for Australian motorsport when they used to broadcast the V8's, ie, showing a replay a week after when the race was actually on after 12am on a sunday night. Shows how spineless the people who run this sport are considering channel 10 was one of/ it not major reason/s that the V8s have become so popular.

#14 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:16 PM

Yeah I'd have to agree with what you've said there Dave, just be thankful Ch9 or someone didn't get it :clap:

Once I get Channel 31 working I can appreciate shows like Rodders life as well. Speedweek is generally good when I bother to watch it, but sometimes it focusses everything on one set of rounds of a certain league when they could be looking at a range of events.

What I despise is with the V8s when you see some interview happening or they're looking at some dog chicks and there are bloody A9Xs or Hotrods or something running circuits or even just cruising in the background, but you can hardly see them or you can just hear them or something. At least do the interview where if it's a boring person, you can focus on an interesting event in the background instead.

Edited by Heath, 09 June 2006 - 03:17 PM.

#15 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

Is it me or people are forgetting what CH7 actually has done for motor sport. I would agree that they did have bad things happen when they lost it but really the coverage they used to do with bathurst was mint. You actually got to see the whole field nto just the front 4. People need to be appreaciated. How many ladies have raced in bathurst only to not return the next year. Most of teh tiem it is due to sponsers pulling fundage due to lack of teley time. Seven at least gave thsi a fair go. Just because you are nto at the pointy end does not mean that you are crap!

Cheers

#16 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:37 PM

time for channel 7 to pull out the old faithful in car camera from Peter Williams Celica huh. I think it's a shame it's come down to money. I think 10 has done a great job over the last 10 years, especially with backup programs like RPM. I think it will be detrimental to the V8's for the first year at least. I certainly hope they don't get Allan Moffat and Andy Raymond back out of the woodwork...

#17 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

If you go to the track you'd realise that Speedweek generally follows the old Procar series (Production, Improved Production, and the old Nations Cup), now the CAMS Driver Series (or something like that). They usually show all three rounds of one bracket a week from the meets, albeit delayed, it is still entertaining. For the Straigh Line boys, they also show the drags, and I imagine do the same. Dunno cause I've never been to a straight line meet.

You are right there REDA9X & Oldn64, the old footage wasn't too bad. A bit of change now and then isn't a bad thing to make things better.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 09 June 2006 - 06:17 PM.

#18 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

Boys lets not slag them up front...They have seen what they have to compete with and as OLD said..they invented the headlight pencil camera that was adopted all over the world and Mike Raymond took it to the States to INDY and NASCAR to thrill the crowds there.Dont short sell that Peter Warren thing lightly Red, I was there when it arrived and trust me, they all knew the Aussies invented it and the true enthusiasts loved it and OZ for sharing it. As a nation we are know as a bunch of doubters,Lets give them the benefit and see if they lift the game. I know for a fact that the good stuff dropped off because of management changes..my mail now is they have new bosses that want to re establish C7 as the Motorsport channel they were from days gone by. Watchout for the Moto GP to be next on the list and WRC close behind. It appears the enthusiasts are back at Kerrys Place! :spoton:
R

Edited by rorym, 09 June 2006 - 07:59 PM.

#19 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:13 PM

C7 = Kerrys place !! Did I read this correct ?

#20 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:30 PM

Why???
Who do you think owns Channel 7?
R

#21 _tj81_

_tj81_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

Stokes not Packer pallbag

#22 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:44 PM

Rory, channel 7 really dropped the ball with the V8's towards the end, lets hope they pick it up again. Yes they invented racecam, and I still love watching that lap with Peter Williamson in 79 at Bathurst, but I'm fairly sure it was still in use in 94 when DJ won, remember it spinning round and round and round at the end of the race?? hahaha They say change can be good, lets hope so, but what now happens to the likes of Crompo for instance? I guess channel 7 will need a new expert comentator, maybe he will get offered a job there?. I guess i'm a little biased and disappointed because Dave White happens to be a mate of mine and he has helped me out when i forgot to hit record on a few occassions. he is also a big revhead, remeber the white L34 and the XU1 at Symmons Plains in 97 in the rain? wow. I don't know who runs news and sport at 7.

Edited by REDA9X, 09 June 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#23 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

Crompton? (No love lost here...long story..closest he ever came to F1 was the telex machine)
He now has a job reporting on the New Zealand SheepDog Trials...A huge step up for Neil I say..I was never a fan... The less I hear ..the better I am..7 has some good revheads present.......Lets wait and see....Maybe Grant is a mover to 7?? He could get a better gig than Singing With The Stars or whatever it is called. I personally think you guys are all jumping the gun...Stokes didnt become a BILLIONARE by being a dickhead, he was the main man when 7 ran motorsport in this country..he did it b4 Packer and will do it again....I have no affiliations at all....I just know a man who plays to win..Kerry is it..he will spend whatever is needed to get ratings..
Tthe main player (big fella)has left us..God bless his soul..his junior replacement is not even close... Stokes will smoke them.
By the way...Packer's XJS V12 that I worked on with Goodyear in 1979 has turned up here in Maryborough..It had 600HP /12 inch Simmons and Goodyear Le Mans hand cut slicks at the time. (we couldn;t find a tyre that Kerry was happy with!) Its running in the sprints here on 24th June.
R

Edited by rorym, 09 June 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#24 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:15 AM

Exactly my point Rorym, I think it will be a great thing to have seven hold teh ball again. It is all a matter of time before they really run with it. There are a lot of good things that have come out of seven and this can only return with vengance.

Crompton was not love loss. After all his taste in vehicles sucked for a start. An all I feel like doing when he is on is turning teh tele off. His explaination of teh simplest thing is just so wrong.

Maybe it is time to get the girls into the commentry position and more of them on teh racetrack. Anyone who thinks that a female cannot race might wish to think again. There are quite good, in fact in some areas they are better than males. But I am not opening that can of worms. Women in motorsport should be recognised more than they are. It is great to see them out there having fun! After all isnt this the whole point of the sport?

Cheers

#25 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

Stokes not Packer pallbag

Thanks for that, I was in the dark.

I still think things can be improved with regard to the broadcasts, whoever does it I dont mind ...

I was dreading maybe Bigpond might get in and make a mess of things for a while, especially for us that arent on their subscription lists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users