Photo

My Registered HQ Premier Daily!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

4 door monaro's sure do, im not sure about kingys/prems tho.

#27 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:39 PM

Sweet stuff 2fluffy. Car looks ace. You were right about those rear bags - fat as! How'd you go on Saturday getting some clearance with the guards??

Don't worry that it's a slug at the moment - a few tweaks and a good tune and I reckon she'll fly along nicely.

PS. When you first turned into my street the other day I had no idea it was you, and I thought Geez this looks like a pretty cool Q coming up the street - then I saw you and Makka and twigged!! I am lovin' this whole Blues Brothers idea too, rock on!

How long till the 454 gets dropped in? I am soooooo jealous of the engine bay room, makes me want a HQ so bad. Huge gas tank in the boot too, and still plenty of space, perfect daily driver!

:spoton:

#28 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:37 AM

LXCHEV- Thanks! yeah im planning to get it dynoed soon, i want to make it have a lil bit more power and maybe at the same time make it run perfect on gas and econimise!
I didnt get around to having a play with the clearance, was stuck doing homework all day! Maybe some time this week ill get under there and make some room! Cos i just love the look of these wheels!

Anyone got a 454 on gas? lol

Chopper - Its being insured through GIO under that vintage and veteran... Full Comp, Valued for 6000 only $240 a year for me! YEP and im only 19!

jabba - Thanks mate! Yeah i love the HQ's sweet looking cars! if im ever up ur way ill let u know and we can go cruising!

Tuff - I got the car in December last year and slowly worked on it along side the Torana (The Torana got an engine swap etc in the same time) I study full time and work the other part of my life which didnt leave much time to work on the car... But i got there in the end!

Most of the time the car was just sitting in the Carport... If i had the time i could have had it finished within a month or so.... But at least this way i have the Rego of both my cars 6 Months apart! and the Health Care card is on the way so i can save some cash on the 2nd rego!

O yeah and as gary said, there was 1 tiny spot of rust in the hole car... that was even after i took it all apart... i couldnt find rust if i tried!

Anyway thanks for all the coments so far! I might try and get some more pics up tomorrow! maybe a better shot of the rear wheel and how phat it is in the gaurd!

#29 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

so when are ya gonna come cruise Chapel in it?
I might have to go grab my suit.......

#30 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:28 PM

Looks good matt. The dual headlight front ends always look better than the standard ones.

I don't think i have seen a HQ in Black before. It looks really neat. I was thinking a bit more Cop than Taxi, but it definately has that classic look. :spoton:

Steve

#31 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:58 PM

Top stuff matt :)

Looking really good man! it's awesome when the hard workpays off like that hey!

Done good mate! looking forward to more pics... DEFINITELY the blues ( booze?) brothers shot needs to be taken!

Cheers!

#32 _TORANASS_

_TORANASS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:33 AM

Man thats a neat HQ, love then cars so much..You didnt stuff around with this one hey.. Who done the paint work it looks neat as..
Maybe you should thro the 253 stroker from the hatch in the HQ as a daily on gas and run a 355 stroker for the hatch, that way you can cruis with power and still enjoy the hath a litltle more then before lol

Good work Matt good on ya

John

Edited by TORANASS, 23 May 2006 - 02:35 AM.

#33 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:50 AM

WOW this has come along way. Looks great Matt. Just remember to run it on fuel occasionally otherwise you will destroy the seals in teh carby and thus teh tuning.

Cheers

#34 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:17 AM

I bet they got SCMODS !!!

Looks great Matty, what a great daily! Now with 2 kids, an HQ might be a better choice than a 4dr Torry, and I get to keep the Hatch....Hmmmm, got me thinkin' now mate.
Good work, and I can see how you'd have knocked back a couple with the Axe Murderer at your place!!!!

Probably would have had it finished even sooner without the booze brother there!!!!

Hey makka, when is that drink happening at Dick's V8 Superbar?

Edited by knoath, 23 May 2006 - 06:18 AM.

#35 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

ToranaSS - Thanks mate! yeah i didnt have time to stuff around on this one! i needed on the road ASAP!
I do want to upgrade the engine in the hatch eventually (355!!!!!!!!!), so its only natural i would put the 253stroker into this sucker and put it on gas!

Me and Guns n Roses both did the painting on this one.. Its Audi Black pearl Acrylic, With Protec Super Clear Acrylic over the top! This is the best Acrylic Clear you can get!

Oldn64- Thanks for the tip... i think the car has been running on gas since 1979! it runs so much better one gas that petrol! on petrol it smokes, smells and goes like crap! on gas its smooth and just all round better!

Knoath- hahaha yeah its a great daily! even starts well in the cold! just have to sought out the gearbox issue and it will be perfect! hahaha yeah me and makka are prob having a few ales this thurs night as well at Frostbites 49cent pots!!!!!!!

#36 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:41 AM

49c pots..... :cry: :spit: :clap:
Oh, you young blokes have got the world at your feet...

#37 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:20 AM

Dont stress Dick, I will come out there one day.
I might have to go get my suit from bendigo this weekend!

#38 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:20 AM

wanna come? the more the merrier!

#39 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

sounds like a plan, do you work on friday mornings Dick? :rockon:

#40 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:24 PM

That doesnt matter! come anyway! Happy Hour = Early night! get all your drinking done nice and early! Maybe cohens house mates can look after the kids??? lol

#41 Guns n roses

Guns n roses

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

are they serious 49c pots?

#42 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

Yeah between 9 and 10.30 ($5 Entry with pass or $7 without)

Then after 10.30 its paper scissors rock with the bartender, if you win! Drinks for free!

I think i spent more money at KFC afterwards than i did all night at frostbites!

#43 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

haha, it took me way to long to workout wtf you guys were talking about... ask for a pot in nsw and you would get looked at stupidly ;P. cheap drinks!

#44 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

Ahh Frost Bites. 49c pots on Thursday happy hour, hmm obviously they have taken away the free pots for an hour. Used to be able to take as many as you like, so you'd grab 2 beers and drink them when you waited in line for the next round. My friends and myself used to fill a table up full of empty pot glass in an hour all for free. Didn't need to drink for the rest of the night.

BTW Matt your car looks really good. Now when you go to shows you have to deside which one to take.

#45 Com_VC

Com_VC

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

are 454's in HQ's legal? :)

If so i'm getting one!

#46 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

haha, not these days i wouldnt imagine. I've seen a few kingswoods and monaro's come up on ebay already engineered with 454's tho so its been done. Gotta love hq engine bays!

#47 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:09 AM

Just tell them its a 396 and you're on your way.

Mate's putting a World 572 into an HQ ute... Prem front end and all it will look sweet as! :D

#48 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:11 AM

Do they have to do any chassis strengthening on HQ's with HUGE engine's? Id imagine 1-tonners would be fairly solid by design but what about 2door monaro's and 4/D kingswoods?

#49 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

ask MYLJ, he has a 454 in his wagon, I dont think it has been strengthend at all

#50 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 24 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

Jabba: CRS does NOT do any strengthening kits for HQ's ( I asked recently!).

There are a few known weak points, and i'm going to sus them out and maybe do some custom strengthening shortly...

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users