- - - - -

MY LC - 336

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

Hey all. just signed up as this site is finally working!
I have recently bought an LC 4 door with a stroked 308 in it.
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of nice LC 4 doors, or 2 doors as I cant find any pics ANYWHERE
This car is damn fun to drive! I gotta give credit to the bloke who wedged the motor in there. Hope to be taking it down to willowbank tomoro night if I can finish work in time.
Also has a trimatic with a 2800 stall. Shortened HQ one tonner Tailshaft. 9 inch with a mini spool.. and a few more mods. I spent the better half of an evening making all new wiring harneses (like 2 wires lol) to get the lights working. and eventually want to tidy up the interior.
Posted Image

Still doesnt feel like MY car, as I know stuff all about toranas. and I didnt build it. but I will get used to it one day. plus, I got stung bad tryin to get my VH commodore faster . and would much rather it was done properly, tried and tested. and I can concentrate on tidying up the rest of the car before I learn more about the mechanics

#2 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:47 PM

it looks tidy mate, should put up some more pics of the engine bay and interior. also let us know what it does down the 1/4.

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:00 PM

E-mail me at [email protected] asking exactly what pics you're after and I'll give you a taste of my large collection mate.

#4 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

Good looking car mate, sounds like you are from Brissie there was a lot of nice torries at carina last week for the all holden day, shame you missed it.

#5 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:53 PM

mate you should join the qld torana club, i havent actually been on one of their runs in a while, but the club has just exploded with members, the runs are getting big!

#6 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

Awesome looking LC mate. good luck with it!

#7 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:08 PM

it looks tidy mate, should put up some more pics of the engine bay and interior. also let us know what it does down the 1/4.

Yeah the interior is in fair nick. all black
seats are a bit rooted. etc.
I have been tryin to tidy up my vh but today I had smoke billowing out the dash!! so I just drove it home.. might forget about that and concentrate on the torry!!
The engine was apparently sandblasted, but not painted before it was put in. so its a lovely shade of rust.
I have been hacking away at some underbody rust tonight. not as bad as I thought it would be

ill post some pics in a sec

#8 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

Good looking car mate, sounds like you are from Brissie there was a lot of nice torries at carina last week for the all holden day, shame you missed it.

DAMN! I really wanna get out and see some toranas and get an idea on what looks good etc.. some inspiration.
My missus told me there was alot of torana stuff at the swapmeet at tamb so im cut about that too!!
I really only need. better condition tail lights. and a heap of door rubbers etc
just fiddly stuff
I used to get around bris heaps in my vh, but I will be there, and the broadwater for sure if I get the torana registered this week

#9 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:28 PM

mate you should join the qld torana club, i havent actually been on one of their runs in a while, but the club has just exploded with members, the runs are getting big!

How would I go about doing this? and what are the rules and regulations.
I dont exactly drive like a dickhead but every now n then I might give it a squirt
what kind of places do the runs go to ? and whats the response from the police etc
Im saving the ...abusive driving for the power cruise next year :D

#10 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image
I have got an airfilter. and tidied up a few things. but im not to worried about it yet
Posted Image
this is the inside while the last owner had it, he kept his steering wheel and tacho.
Im not really into the IN YOUR FACE tachos, but that one suited it. The only spare steering wheel I have at the moment is an old wooden one with chrome in it, but its too shiney. might take the black one off the VH

I have rewired the whole back end (which took like 30 min as there are about 3 wires lol) and inside the car.
I will eventually get round to the engine bay and spend a few hours goin nuts in there with some degreaser..
I really need new tail lights.And i still cant work out why the indicators at the front wont work (park lights work when selected)

I am picking up an undercoated bonnet (without scoop) for $50 bucks this weekend. thats being matched up, and put on for a while, (love the scoop too much to leave it off but I just want to cruise around and get used to it for a while, and not draw attention to myself .. er. may need about 4 more mufflers tho)
Once the hubcaps go on I'll go for a spin to see if I can blend in like a pensioner. hehehehe. should be fun

#11 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:46 AM

Very nice car mate. :)

If you want some pics take a look at mine. www.modnizd.com

#12 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 06:36 AM

How would I go about doing this? and what are the rules and regulations.
I dont exactly drive like a dickhead but every now n then I might give it a squirt
what kind of places do the runs go to ? and whats the response from the police etc
Im saving the ...abusive driving for the power cruise next year :D

go here and havea look Qld Torana car Club there is a great variety in ages from 16-not saying but i am 42...

#13 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:35 PM

Some old photos of mine. My Webpage

#14 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

MAN!! u did ur car exactly how id want to go about it VERY nice job indeed
How much did everything cost you ? e.g seats. cause mine suck. rims etc..
I kind of want mine to be nice n tidy but for now just low key..
that paint suits it heaps.. Also I need some taillights
I cant even find rack ends for this damn thing and I work in spare parts!
One reason I am not motivated to work on any of my cars is the lack of a decent slab of concrete and a shed. when I did the v8 conversoin on the VH. I had to pack it up everytime it looked like rain !! and engine cranes do NOT work well on gravel driveways... well they do. as ploughs

#15 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:24 PM

One reason I am not motivated to work on any of my cars is the lack of a decent slab of concrete and a shed. when I did the v8 conversoin on the VH. I had to pack it up everytime it looked like rain !! and engine cranes do NOT work well on gravel driveways... well they do. as ploughs

I know what you mean about working on a car outside, whenever it rained it was all over, it sucked, i did the whole RB conversion outside.
I built a garage and now im working in it, big difference, highly recomended.

#16 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

I envy anyone and EVERYONE who has a nice slab of concrete and a shed to work on. I would love to have the ol vh, or lc up on jack stands and be able to take my time working on it. and not worry about dropping nuts, bolts, or tools in the dirt and never finding them again.
not to mention the lack of green ants. and the jack being able to MOVE when it has to !
sigh.. one day. .. time to move out I think...

#17 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:08 AM

Phuq working in the dirt dude... I'd rather pay to get it fixed at a workshop than roll in the mud. :S

#18 MODNIZD

MODNIZD

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Name:Phil
  • Car:4 Door LC RB25DET

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:57 AM

Cheers mate. You wouldnt be able to guess how much I have spent on it. I dont want to know some times. But I love it and thats what I choose to spend the cash on. Cheers for the comments. :)

Yours looks really nice. And yeah I love my garage. Stuff working in the mud :P

#19 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 06:07 AM

,Dec 5 2005, 02:08 AM] Phuq working in the dirt dude...  I'd rather pay to get it fixed at a workshop than roll in the mud. :S

I think as you get older the appeal of a nice clean workshop definately has the edge over the back yard, I say thank god for those cheap sheds these days. Wouldn't be without my 3 car one.

Edited by gml-31, 05 December 2005 - 06:08 AM.

#20 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

I put 2 engines in my lc in the dirt, done multiple gearboxes, diffs absolutely anything under the car, i was under it in the dirt :P And the green ants... dont get me started :P

#21 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:12 PM

Generally speaking no matter how much garage/shed or concrete you have when working on cars it is never enough lol. Of course it's good to start with at least a small slab, get your mates around and lay it yourself.

Cheers
Herne

#22 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

Generally speaking no matter how much garage/shed or concrete you have when working on cars it is never enough lol. Of course it's good to start with at least a small slab, get your mates around and lay it yourself.

Cheers
Herne

yeah, when I was working with my old boss, at a concreting place. we had it planned to lay some metal form work on the huge concrete floor in the shed. drop heaps of hydraulic oil on it. and get the truck to pour straight into it. then just lift the slabs up with the big 1 gazillion tonne forklift (has a 2 hundreddy something chev in it)
then the crane trucks were gonna drop em off at my house !
but I dont work there any more, so the good ol spinny pot mixer sounds like the go
just cant be assed in this weather!!
I at least want to move out and get a decent house with a garage!! carports kinda defeat the purpose!!
I want something lockable

#23 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

Cheers mate. You wouldnt be able to guess how much I have spent on it. I dont want to know some times. But I love it and thats what I choose to spend the cash on. Cheers for the comments. :)

Yours looks really nice. And yeah I love my garage. Stuff working in the mud

yeah. the photo does it alot of justice. the bloke who sprayed it did a damn good job for a weekender!!
I just wanna go over it and do the little fiddly bits. (its very time consuming and expensive being a perfectionist! dammit!)
I like what he has done so far, its saved me alot of time and I can concentrate mostly on the looks
Im not sure if I should change the colour in the long run.
I am having a VERY hard time finding some good nick Rack ends for this thing.
Once thats out of the way. Ill get stuck into the paint.
I love that blue!! if it werent for the fact that it would be copycat material. Id paint my car that too !
Please dont scare me with the amount u spent on it either!
did you paint the underbody? etc? how did you go about treating the rust if any. especially in the hard to reach parts?

oh and I dont suppose you know a good place to get some decent looking tail lights? in bris

Edited by LC-336, 05 December 2005 - 08:53 PM.

#24 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

I am having no luck with finding a decent rack for this damn car!!
The one from the wreckers is stuffed
my other options are to get my one rebuilt for $200+ (thats if its not totally rooted)
or pay nearly $400 for a newly reconditioned one with a 2 year warranty..
I mean if I had that money RIGHT now I would lol. but I had a massive stack of bills this week :( anyone getting rid of a decent 6 cyl rack for an LC? or even just the rack ends if able?

#25 _LC-336_

_LC-336_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:02 AM

Woo!
Andrew at Milton performance is a champ..
I now have a decent condition rack. and some nicer tail lights for the LC
And to the bloke that recognised me off this forum.. ? who are you on here!?
Also. Missed the test n tune.. got there at 9 ish cause someone told us it was a late session.. got there. everyone was goin home!!. just drove the thing around on the trailer and left.. dissapointing but Ill be there next time for sure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users