LC GTR XU1 Centre Caps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:09 PM

I have 4 LC RED Centre caps for std rims. Tried fitting them today...and they dont fit! They are loose! and rattle! The nuts dont hold them! I had some LJ ones, black centres , that fitted perfect! Any ideas? If not, they go on Ebay for big bucks...bloody useless!
R

#2 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:12 PM

If you're going to sell them let me know first!!

#3 _xuidave_

_xuidave_
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

the reason they dont fit properly rory is that more than likely your caps are a bit worn around the nuts. to fix ( if there's enough metal left ) just beat/tap the metal around where the wheel nuts go down flat. because as you tighten the wheel nuts down on the caps they squeeze the metal down flat between the rim & wheel nuts , which over time 30 years or so they either can break off the little bit which is squashed or just wear out !!! if all else fails there's always Ebay or find some early GTS hubcaps as the centers are the same ! except they don't have the wheel nut cut outs so you can trim them to fit reallt tightly !!!! :D D

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:12 PM

Dave was spot on. :spoton: ..I didnt think it would make any difference but I bent the tongues back down and all is fine. The boofhead I bought them off had flattened the tongues out flat, there by making them miss the nuts. Done 2, 2 to go.
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users