TOOWOOMBA SWAP 2013

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _330OLX_

_330OLX_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

As a site holder at the annual Toowoomba swap I received a letter / brochure today from the Darling Downs Veteran & Vintage Motor Club ( the organisers )

Following on from a survey conducted by them, they have decided to change the format of the 2013 swap to a Saturday / Sunday event. ( previously Friday / Saturday )

Personally, the Friday / Saturday format really suited me / us, but obviously this format doesn't suit everyone.

Over the years we have heard many attendees complaining about the Friday / Saturday format - upset that they had to work on Friday & potentially miss out on all the bargains.

Just a shame that these people couldn't apply for that Friday off work just like I always did.

Oh well, we do live in a democracy and the majority have spoken.

I'll just have to adapt

#2 _hp179block_

_hp179block_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

They're getting their planning in early for 2013!

#3 _Torrie_Man_

_Torrie_Man_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Good idea! I never bother to go because of work. Now it looks hassle free.

#4 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Also i was told by a friend that it was pretty much all over by saturday lunchtime (on the fri-sat events) , i wondered why on earth they would make it a fri-sat event in the first place ? :wtf:

This swap meet was always a "weekend" event, and im happy for it to go back to one, so now i can go up, and on the first day it opens again.

Thanks for the info about it anyway mate !

MT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users