LJ XU1 - Leongatha Vic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _conceptss_

_conceptss_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:45 PM

I'm listing this for a friend that is trying to trace the history of an Xu1 that he bought a few years ago from a property in Leongatha. Does anyone know of any LJxu1's in that area between 1989-2002 and did it come from Wonthaggi or Riddels Creek?

#2 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

what colour is it ???

#3 _conceptss_

_conceptss_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

iT'S WHITE BUT UNDERNEATH IT'S RED/ORANGE. iT'S POSSIBLY HAD A V8 IN IT AS THE RACK/COLUM WERE MODIFIED AND THE EDGES OF THE FRONT CROSS MEMBER WERE SCALLOPED.. iT CAME WITH A STANDARD SHORT BLOCK 202 THAT WAS BLOWN. AN ORIGINAL XU1 HEAD WAS IN THE BOOT WHEN HE GOT IT. aLL THE FRONT PANELS WERE DAMAGED. THE ONLY OTHER THING I CAN REMEMBER WHAT HE TOLD ME WAS THAT IT HAD SOME SORT OF CHAIN OPERATED CLUTCH PEDAL.

#4 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:58 AM

Wifies family is from that end of vic. I will ask around.. country people seem to live on what other people are doing... Know just the person to ask about it... See what I find!!

Cheers

#5 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:09 PM

my wife comes from up there, 20mins past Leongatha. She had a lj with someones XU1 engine in it, in 89-90. Still know where the engine is, not far from the farm. She has never seen a red or orange XU1 around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users