Just a few little problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:46 PM

Hey

Can someone tell me what type of wiring i need, it goes from distrubutor, to the coil (not the high tension one, the other little black one)

Also my horn don't work any more, it's not the horn i know that works, and ideas on where i should start looking? it's earthed, connected properly, so i believe it could be the relay or there is a break in the wiring somewhere.

Oh if it's any help its a 6.

Cheers. :spoton:

#2 _JBM_

_JBM_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:59 PM

Are you talking about the wire that comes out of the condensor in the dizzy to the negative side of the coil?

If so any 10 amp wire will be sufficient, if the wire from the condensor is too short you can extend it, try to use decent crimp on lugs for the coil connection.

For the horn not working have you checked the connections under the steering wheel for the horn pad? Check for power at the relay on both sides, ie for the coil and for the power supply to horn.

James

#3 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

checked the fuse for the horn?

#4 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

Are you talking about the wire that comes out of the condensor in the dizzy to the negative side of the coil?

If so any 10 amp wire will be sufficient, if the wire from the condensor is too short you can extend it, try to use decent crimp on lugs for the coil connection.

For the horn not working have you checked the connections under the steering wheel for the horn pad? Check for power at the relay on both sides, ie for the coil and for the power supply to horn.

James

I'm talking about the one ya cut to install a kill switch, little back one. Basically i installed a kill switch a while ago now, but the wiring got to close to the block and melted the plastic, so i have it tapped up for the time being, but im in the mood to work on the car today, nice blue sky outside. :D

Yea the fuse is all working, i got many things running of that fuse :spoton: anyway i tested that with my circut tester all seems good. i took the horn cover off and there all connected, it might be the horn button again :furious:

#5 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

If the horn is working, its either the relay or the switch or both or connections at relay or wires.......so which?

Easiest to start at relay.
There are two green wires and a black that go to teh relay. It should be possible to put a wire in contact with the black terminal and a bit of the body without removing the connector. This is simply earthing the relay as you would do when pressing the horn switch. If you cant get the relay to click or make the horn work doing this, then you horn push is probably not the problem....most likely relay.
To test whether you have power to the relay and horn remove the connector and short the two green wires together, if the horn works then both wires are good and the problem would definitely be with the relay if it failed the failed the body to black wire terminal test.
See how you go and post back here on what was the prob.

#6 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

No worries mate ill check tommorow, got the wiring done, proberly a little bit too thick but meh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users