Vn injected 355 won't start

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#51 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

Forget trying to bridge the connections on the ignition switch, you'll probably blow more fuses than you can afford.

See if you can find a constant or ignition 'on' 12 volt connection inside the cabin, cigar lighter perhaps, and run a wire from that to a toggle or push button switch, from the switch connect up to the power out wire from the neutral start switch. Now you should be able to start the engine by turning the ignition switch to the ON position and flick or push the switch to activate the starter motor.

No worries Mate I might give that a go..

#52 _toranarama_

_toranarama_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

I assumed he had no idea + no multi meter & just gave him the easy option,

Mind you, those $15 a pop fuses weren't part of the plan ! :o

#53 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Didn't know they were that expensive haha oh well. I should be able to use the 12v power wire from my head unit to power the push switch?

#54 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

I'm assuming he has the gear and the knowledge to run a bypass wire. HaHa, if he can't then I've just made an ass out of u & me.

#55 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

$7.....................top dollar
More like $3.50

Edited by rodomo, 23 November 2011 - 11:02 PM.

#56 _toranarama_

_toranarama_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

He lives in Perth... Isn't everything there + 500% of what we pay ;)

#57 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

Didn't know they were that expensive haha oh well. I should be able to use the 12v power wire from my head unit to power the push switch?

Is the head unit power supply fused and what rating is the fuse? 15amps at least I hope.

#58 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

wreckers.....most will give em to you....if you ask nicely

#59 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Haha yeah we have a mining tax on everything already and now were gonna have 2x mining tax's. :-(

Dunno about the power wire will look Tomoz after work.

#60 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

well i called allan the tuner to cancel and he was fine with starting it with a screwdriver.. what a champ :spoton: :D :D :D

so will get it tuned and worry about it when i get it back. Hopefully he knows a bit more and can figure it out.

#61 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

So Arrr I got home and put the isolator key in and the car started to crank over by its self?? Quickly switched off. And well.... It seems to be starting no problems now... Hmmm WTF??

#62 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

So Arrr I got home and put the isolator key in and the car started to crank over by its self?? Quickly switched off. And well.... It seems to be starting no problems now... Hmmm WTF??

LOL. Bloody Gremlins, they just love to stuff us around :banghead:

#63 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

Haha here's a good 1 now it turns over when u put the indicator on? Haha what the hell is going on

#64 _toranarama_

_toranarama_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

You've now got your "secret" start isolator set up going !

#65 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:10 PM

frOck me! The cars not called Christine by any chance???????

Haha here's a good 1 now it turns over when u put the indicator on? Haha what the hell is going on

#66 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

haha na didnt need to fit the switch it started. just gotta work out what the hell is going on with this indicator/starter problem. hmmmmmmmmmmmm :banghead:

why christine??
im thinking mabye paulene.. excuse me torana PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!

#67 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=t9VpVQ1sMfk
:) brillyant book ,,,,,jon carpenter stuffed this up big time

#68 LJ RB30

LJ RB30

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Name:Trevor

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

Quag's on to it!

Anyway RYAN

You seems to be a few wiring /design /upgrade issues.

I put an injected motor into an LJ with a Wolf computor, which in reality only needs about 3 relays to link the LJ loom to the rest. And im only abit smart.

I went with the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) method.

You say the steering colom was in the car when you got it but did you wire the Delco in?

Did all the Torry wiring /dash/lights etc work ok before injection?

As with any wiring........ALL EARTHS MUST BE CLEAN & EARTHED!!

Hard to fault find without touching it.

Anyway good luck

PS.. i work for VB & Ballantines!

:) brillyant book ,,,,,jon carpenter stuffed this up big time

#69 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:10 AM

Sweet mate cheers. The sparky side of things is prob my down side.

And sorry I dunno what your work is :-/ ?? Sorry

#70 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

haha sorry trev i only just realised what you ment haha i only just woke up when i read it. dont i feel like a dick!! :fool:

ill see what i can do this weekend and ill let you all know what happens. if not vb it is ;) good drinking weather atm too

#71 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

Hi Chris

You say the starter now operates when you put the indicators on (left or right?). Do the indicators flash when you start the car with the ignition switch?

Also does the car have an immobiliser fitted.

I don't really know where I'm headed with this line of thought ATM but interested to know the answer.

Cheers
Dave.

#72 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

hey dave,

na mate no immobiliser fitted. The whole car had been rewired by an auto sparky and appears to be a good job and all wires are hidden under the guards etc. The comp is the standard delco.

All these dramas have happened since i did the indicator light globes. Im gonna look into that area a bit more I think.

Why did it keep blowing globes/fuses I keep asking myself. Bad earths maybe? Im gonna remove all the lights check all the terminals and connections, earths, globes.. everything…

#73 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

With the car ignition on acc if you turn the indicators on left or right all the guage lights, indicators will flash and the starter cranks over. With the indicators off you can now turn the key and start the car with no issues but with the motor running if you turn the indicators on the same as above happens. ?? hmmmmmmmmm

Now this is a long shot but could it be possible that the reverse lights/indicators are on the same globe(as I noticed they are duel filerment) and I also have the gearbox neutral switch wired up wrong and for some reason it is shorting out or something and because I have the neutral switch wired wrong it is giving it direct power to the starter via the reverse/turn lights when i turn the indicator on??

Edited by ryan_525, 25 November 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#74 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Now this is a long shot but could it be possible that the reverse lights/indicators are on the same globe(as I noticed they are duel filerment) and I also have the gearbox neutral switch wired up wrong and for some reason it is shorting out or something and because I have the neutral switch wired wrong it is giving it direct power to the starter via the reverse/turn lights when i turn the indicator on??

What happens if you click it into reverse? What shifter etc are you running and can you easily access the wiring with a test light to see what happens before and after the switch...

I'd be tracing the wiring back from the starter motor and see where the problem may lie.

#75 _injlc304_

_injlc304_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

in reverse the reverse lights dont come on and the starter doesnt turn over. im running a B&M pro ratchet shifter and i can get to the neutral switch wires easy.

I’m not too sure what wires are where as it was starting in gear and the marshals at the drags I suppose you can say helped me with that (pulled the 4 wires off and mixed them around. Still started in gear after but they let me in anyways as I argued that you can start a manual in gear so whats the difference? But that is a linkage adjustment issue I believe)

And like I mentioned before I know the basics of the electric side of things but im not real strong with it. i'm sure there is some way to test what wires are which on the neutral switch and where it should be on it.

Edited by ryan_525, 25 November 2011 - 12:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users