Posted Image

#30 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Found out yesterday that a mate picked up "highest power" in the small block V8 class in his VE SS ute :) so he is pretty happy.

346kW on the nats mainline, from a cam, OTR, exhaust and tune, 355kW on a dyno dynamics.

Anyone have any photos of some of his antics? was a black VE SS ute, 20" shadow chrome wheels, white and red stickers on the rear window.

Going for two days next year, Karlie is keen to come now too (I didnt think it wass that bad at all, cant see what all the hype is about)

#31 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Found out yesterday that a mate picked up "highest power" in the small block V8 class in his VE SS ute :) so he is pretty happy.

346kW on the nats mainline, from a cam, OTR, exhaust and tune, 355kW on a dyno dynamics.

Anyone have any photos of some of his antics? was a black VE SS ute, 20" shadow chrome wheels, white and red stickers on the rear window.

Going for two days next year, Karlie is keen to come now too (I didnt think it wass that bad at all, cant see what all the hype is about)

I think I got a shot of that thing ripping a skid out the front of our marquee! HAHA! Good work on him winning Highest Power! 346rwkw is a pretty impressive figure!

Yeah, as long as you are not on the back of a ute or something cruising down Tuff street you're not going to get abused...

I had an absolute blast and looking forward to trying to get the Torry up there next year!

#32 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

If I get my new shed up in a decent time, and miraculously find some spare time to work in it, Ethan and I will have a "one of a kind" unregisterable torana there next year :)

more the year after though I reckon.

#33 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

I thought this years nats was a bit tame compared to the last few years. Not as many good cars. My mate managed to score a spot in the top 60 hall in his Vitamin C RT Replica while my other mate managed to blow the bottom end out of his 360 Val during the burnout finals :-)

#34 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics guys. Gerry, I hope your mate has a spare short motor sitting in the shed, cause that sounds expensive!

#35 _HRV74_

_HRV74_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 _Pink Bits_

_Pink Bits_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

Some more photos,

Attached Files

#37 _wldgtr_

_wldgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thanks for the pics of the PHAAT lc gtr torana from the elite hall. If anyone else has more clearer shots to post that would be much
appreciated. Also did anyone get the size of the wheels on that thing. Looked pretty awesome and the number plate suited the car.

Edited by wldgtr, 10 January 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#38 _Pink Bits_

_Pink Bits_
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Attached Files

#39 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

I went to the Nats for the 3rd time with my wife and young bloke, lots of nice rides no trouble unless you looked for it.
Plenty of action heaps of nice toranas, monaros, did see a Silver VY HSV kicked out and also watched the burnout comp Sunday and witnessed this lovely event
was not handled well by both sides, if he was disqualifyed from entering Sunday there was a better way to go about it.
Looking forward to going again.

Edited by Neils LX, 11 January 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#40 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:44 AM

. balls of steel. :clappin:

#41 lcgtr1970

lcgtr1970

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Name:Jordan

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

how did that all start? why wasnt he allowed to run in the 1st place?
and that "official" that kicked his car then tried to blue him when he got out the car is a total dickhead...very unprofessional.
not condoning the actions of the driver as obviously he should have done what he was directed.
but does anyone know the story behind this?

#42 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

He was disqualified already I believe from his last run... He smashed up his rear qtr, I think on his first run... Not sure if that was why he wasnt allowed to run or not???

Pretty stupid what he did, you have to respect the rules no matter where you go... I think they should stay firm on their lifetime ban, not like the nats is going to lose anything if he is not there...

#43 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

He was disqualified from running on the Sunday for disobeying orders to shut the car down by fire marshalls on the Friday. I have not seen any proof of this thou, and it looks like at the end of this clip his given a ticket to run on the Sunday.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=egZ4hZsJkqc
I dont know as i did not see the run.

#44 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

He was disqualified from running on the Sunday for disobeying orders to shut the car down by fire marshalls on the Friday. I have not seen any proof of this thou, and it looks like at the end of this clip his given a ticket to run on the Sunday.

not sure about being him being told to shut it down (possibly told not to re-start it as the tow car was on its way) but he definitely broke the rules by lighting up the tyres on exiting the pad, with the tow vehicle on the track as well as fire marshals etc and with no helmet on. He was given the ticket to return sunday by someone that was unaware that the fire marshals/officials had a problem with his exit/restart etc, it seems that he may have not been told that he was no longer eligible to run on sunday. I have been told he was only informed of his disqualification as he pulled up in the start area (with two cars yet to have there run in front of him) having been waiting for 3hrs to have his turn and only being informed of the disqualification at the last minute seems to be what triggered the incident

the driver has publicly apologized for his behavior on his facebook page as well as contacting the summernats management to apologize as well, he at this stage has a lifetime ban from entering or attending the summernats, he is hoping to have it overturned.

#45 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Update on the incident:

http://www.summernat...17&ArticleID=22

Been overturned, to a 1 Year Ban.

#46 _MRS LH SLR 3300_

_MRS LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Uploading pic now for matt to put up. They are also a seceltion on my facebook.

https://www.facebook...97323130&type=3

#47 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

what a load of shit!!!! letting him wait three hours talk about stoking the fire, what did they expect. oh ok sir i will be a good boy park my car and sit watch! f@#k that.I would of proceded too 100%
there are dickheads doing burnouts all over the event with people filming,pushing the car sideways, defying death and injury,but not a f@#king word said.
oh i forgot there fireman and officals there life must be more inportant. kicking his car too, its lucky it did not cause a riot. one or two people only had to jump that railing and it would of be hell for them all. they got off lightly i think guessing the bloke never had a big fan club like the turbo and doof doof kings.summernats thank your lucky stars there was no riot because it would of been the last NATS EVER!!!

Edited by A9XOSS, 11 January 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#48 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Different strokes for different folks! I witnessed plenty of "high profile" cars perform sideways burnouts down Tuff Street with little or no response from officials, yet when i performed a couple of small skids that barely made any smoke i copped the full wrath of the officials. But then my car doesn't have a 6/71 poking through the bonnet, HOK paint, billet wheels & personalised number plates. I guess it's the one rule for some, another rule for others senario.

#49 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Different strokes for different folks! I witnessed plenty of "high profile" cars perform sideways burnouts down Tuff Street with little or no response from officials, yet when i performed a couple of small skids that barely made any smoke i copped the full wrath of the officials. But then my car doesn't have a 6/71 poking through the bonnet, HOK paint, billet wheels & personalised number plates. I guess it's the one rule for some, another rule for others senario.

Its been that way for 25years,Matt.

Some things never change.

#50 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:18 PM

Too true, & i still keep going back every year lol. Just gotta know how to play the game :innocent:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users