mod plates in vic???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

hello out there a friend was telling me (qld based) that he has to only get a mod plate for a v8 conversion into his lj can vic do the same thing????? as at the moment im only going to be using a std 253 with a 2barrell carby can you just get mod plates instead of engineering ??? WHATS THE STORY????

THANKS CHEVY! :spoton:

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

I know you need an engineers certificate to register a 253 (or any v8) in an LC/LJ in Victoria so my guess would be that a 'mod plate' wouldn't be sufficient...

#3 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

hello out there a friend was telling me (qld based) that he has to only get a mod plate for a v8 conversion into his lj can vic do the same thing????? as at the moment im only going to be using a std 253 with a 2barrell carby can you just get mod plates instead of engineering ??? WHATS THE STORY????

THANKS CHEVY! :spoton:

A mod plate is like a engineers cert in qld. This gets attached to the car and thatway you cannot remove them, or loose them... ;) Unfortunately they are not recognised in vic and thus if a mod plated car from qld happens to get to victoria for reg then it will need to go through engineering.

This is where our national road rules and regs suck. As in one state it will be fine and pass road worthy, but you drive across teh boarder and do a roady it will fail...?

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users