_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

#2 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

These wheels where fitted to LJ GTR and XU1,LH and LX SLR/SS and also monaros HQ and up.How ever they were all black originally.

#3 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

my guess would be statesman..

toranas were never red.

A1

#4 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

These wheels where fitted to LJ GTR and XU1,LH and LX SLR/SS and also monaros HQ and up.How ever they were all black originally.

yeah i know that, the reason i asked is why is it red/burgandy?

#5 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:09 PM

yes statesman it would have a round horn pad as well in that colour

#6 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:39 PM

What about HX LE monaro didnt they have burgandy trim ?

#7 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:39 PM

afaik: The steering wheels and dashs became colour coded/matched with the UC and the HZ, so the wheel could be off either a UCsle sunbird, HZ statesman or HZ monaro. I havent actually seen the red burgundy interior on the sunbird....but that doesnt mean it didnt/doesnt exist. these wheels would also have the thinner spokes to meet the adr req.

And if anyone spots one in "taupe" im in the market for it.

Cheers

Edited by devilsadvocate, 28 May 2006 - 09:41 PM.

#8 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:22 AM

I'm thinking Statesman too... Has it had a pressurepack respray on the spokes or is it just me?

#9 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,319 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

The whole thing sorta looks a bit amatuerly painted. It could have been a lighter colour and they resprayed the rim too, and yeah the spokes definately look like they've had a glossy respray.

Is it a universal fit between the plain UC horn buttons and the 6-bolt SL/R textured horn buttons? If not, do you know which one fits onto that particular one? That may make it obvious which vehicle it's from.

#10 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

No, Id say the rim is the original burgundy, have seen them on a HZ monaro and possibly on a HZ statesman.
Spokes were originally satin black, so yes they have been repainted.
The centre caps fit on the same mounts as the slr/gts type, with the aid of a plastic rim which is screwed to the same six bolt bracket as the slr type, not fitted on the wheel in question.

#11 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

Actually, the only way youll know if it was off a sle uc(if they ever got a burgundy dash) or HZ statesman or monaro is to look at the indicator cancellor, though these are easily changed or missing! But the Monaro and the Statesman could both have the same ratio if the Monaro had power steering.

#12 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

it's from a HZ SL/E Statesman

#13 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:21 AM

Yep it's from a SLE Stateman.sle statesman wheel

#14 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

While not wishing to get embroiled in a simple matter of fact here, there is no way one can distinguish between the steering wheel of a UCsle, HZ sle Statesman or HZ Monaro, other than the indicator cancellor.
Ive seen several different colour sle wheels on hz monaro,perhaps the one Ive seen on a HZ monaro was an abberation, but it seemed to go with the burgundy trim, and as I said b4, burgundy may not have been a colour option on the ucsle either, but if someone knows that for sure...post here.

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:27 AM

The reason I stated it was HZ SL/E Statesman is because it was a common colour on that model, but I've never personally seen that colour in a UC SL/E and it wasn't an option on HZ GTS. I'll check see if it's available on UC or not in an SL/E, but I don't think it was.

#16 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 06:13 PM

The colour is dark carmine, which is listed in the late UC book, and as said it was also SL/E Statesman. The tags don't actually give a code for SL/E in UC so it's hard to tell if it was available on that car or not, the trim code is 77.

#17 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:46 PM

REDA9X:Thanks for looking it up and posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users