2 DOOR HATCH BOBTAILS (3PCS)

where quality counts

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:59 AM

Currently we have excessive stock of our 2 door bobtails these items are a beautiful fit designed to use the holes already under the hatch they have been made off a car that was supplied to me. this item was in the development stage for three months making it fit right centre piece has brackets and bolts but I only use the brackets to hold it down bolts on the back edge are used with no nuts and washers (so no big holes to drill) threads are used with sikaflex to hold it in place after fitting this bobtail has a return on the back edge aswell where others don'tand is made with high quality fibreglass not poor quality plastic for further info call 07 32848622
SLR bobtail is also done the same way and is a beautiful fit also made from high quality fibreglass not your poor quality plastic ones

Edited by GREMLIN PERFORMANCE, 31 December 2011 - 09:02 AM.

#2 its Paul

its Paul

Formerly lx8vd77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LXSS, VUSS, VESSv & the mighty HB

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Photos detailing the fitting would help your cause... Just a suggestion...

#3 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Bit off topic, but your "motto" sounds likemy brothers business...... " quality is standard" !! U should steal that, "where quality counts" ..... Counts for what ?

To ten ?

#4 _wombat_

_wombat_
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

are thr slr ones the same 3 bolt/3nut attachment as the original factory ones?,pics would be good

#5 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

no mine is different inside to the original the way the originals were fitted were shocking, thats why most of them cracked through the key hole ,mine has 5 steel brackets under the front edge and 4 threaded studs on the back edge, tags hold down the bobtail adequately, brackets are situated on outside of reo underneath so no drilling big holes or losing screws .Sikaflex back edge and threaded studs so that the sika goes into the stud holes sinple 15 min max to fit Dirtbag has done one of mine before pictures are on my facebook page . 2 door bobtails will come as soon as someone is nice enough to send me one.

Edited by GREMLIN PERFORMANCE, 31 December 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#6 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Sorry but I am confused: do you or don't you have two door rear spoliers (bob tails as you term them)?
Just that you started this thread with; "Currently we have excessive stock of our 2 door bobtails..."
But your last post finishes with; "2 door bobtails will come as soon as someone is nice enough to send me one."
And so I am confused but equally interested in either what you have or will one day have.
Cheers, TB

#7 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,471 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

I think he's waiting on someone to send him pics of one fitted

#8 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yes I do have them and they are in production, what I meant was that I dont have photos yet I am waiting on people to send them to me (thanks dattoman)

Edited by GREMLIN PERFORMANCE, 03 January 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#9 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Prices?

#10 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

$250 plus freight (to your door) all bobtails are internally fitted with brackets and bolts, other prices are on my profile

Edited by GREMLIN PERFORMANCE, 06 January 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#11 _ultm8sin_

_ultm8sin_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hi I am wanting to get one of the bobtail for a 76 Lx hatch so can you please get a price to send it to Kalgoolie in WA post code 6430. I am also wanting the front bottom 2 piece spoiller if you do them, please let me know.>

Cheers Scott

#12 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

mate hatch bobtails are $250 front 2 pce spoiler is $200 freight to WA would be between $150-$200 for both of them

#13 Ando

Ando

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Car:6/'76 L32 SS white & black. 9/'76 L31 SS gold. 5/'77 L31 SS Chamois. 3/'79 UC SL Deluxe hatch.
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:09 PM

I had a look at Gremlin's products yesterday, at the Toowoomba swap meet & was impressed to say the least! Well done Lionel!
When I replaced my a9x kit, I got the J.W. set most forum members recomended here. The front air dam & ducts fitted well & the flares were ok with a bit of stretching. The bonnet scoop & 3 piece bobtail was far from perfect! I spent countless hours fitting,sanding, cutting & adding extra fibreglass to get them into shape. If the JW kit was the best out there then there is a lot of room for improvment with the a9x kits. If Gremlin had the 3 piece rear spoiler available when I was ready to redo my car, I would have bought the whole kit from Lionel. It could have saved me a lot of pain. Anyway lesson learned.

#14 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

many thanks for the kind words mate,yes it was many hours of hard work to make everything fit good.

#15 _ultm8sin_

_ultm8sin_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks i will be calling this week

#16 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

no worries talk to you then mate

#17 _ultm8sin_

_ultm8sin_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hi Guys,

I have just received a bob tail and the 2 piece front spoiler for my lx hatch and would like to give Gremlin Performance a big thumbs up on the quality of there product.
The way they fit, have been finished of the mounting bolts make it a no brainer.

The cost was 250 for the bobtail, 250 for the spoiler and freight to Kalgoolie was 220.

Hope this helps with other people deciding who to go with when looking for someone to buy from.

Attached Files

#18 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

hi mate whats a full kit worth for a lx hatch with 1 pice front full flares and fitting kit with stainless bolts, posted to 4207 Brisbane QLD? Thanks Dave

#19 Ando

Ando

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Car:6/'76 L32 SS white & black. 9/'76 L31 SS gold. 5/'77 L31 SS Chamois. 3/'79 UC SL Deluxe hatch.
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Scott, can you post up some photos when you have them fitted?

#20 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Many thanks for the kind words scott, the final pricing was 200 for the front 250 for the bobtail and 150 for freight some photo's of the products would be awesome as I still don't have any yet once again thanks mate

#21 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

hi mate whats a full kit worth for a lx hatch with 1 pice front full flares and fitting kit with stainless bolts, posted to 4207 Brisbane QLD? Thanks Dave

Hi Dave because you are in Brisbane you are more than welcome to pick them up as I am only in Clontarf which is on the Redcliffe peninsula for pricing all of them are on my profile thanks mate

#22 _ultm8sin_

_ultm8sin_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

as the car is still in Kalgoolie and im in paraburdoo as soon as i get photos ill post em up.
cheers

#23 Punchy

Punchy

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Name:Scott McCulloch
  • Car:77' Lx Hatch

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Can i ask the question...do you happen to do bonnet scoops as well ?? and like both the high and low profile a9x style scoops???

Im considering doing just the bobtail and front lower spoiler, and mayby bonnet, just to clean the lines up away from the stand hatch look...on the flip side a black hatch and rude sounding v8 and set of street wheels dosen't need to much attention redirection..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users