Do you get pulled over by the boy's in blue?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:15 AM

I've never been pull over in either of my Hatches?
But the misses has 3 times, 2 for licence/rego check (supposedly) wanted a closer look at the car, the other was a roadworthy.

#27 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

I Must admit ive never been stopped in the monaro.
Ive gotten a few looks, a couple of smiles and even a thumbs up from passing police officers! That felt pretty good!

Ive even been allowed to pass an RBT setup because we were on a cruise and the officers realised that i was part of the "pack" and they allowed the pack to pass!

On the recent Anzac day supercruise we went somewhere other than with the majority, and when we all pulled into a Subway for some breakfast a GD police car pulled in with two officers to check us out.. Apparently they had gotten a complain from a resident! ( Dont know what about... We just pulled into the car park for lunch!). Anyhow, the officer had a bit of a chat to us, told me that my guages were a bit of a worry, and that was that!

All in all Ive been shown nothing but the utmost respect! Even when i DID get defected iun the second week of owning the car, the police were very courteous and pretty cool! Wish i could say the same for the EPA Nazis!!

Cheers :)

#28 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:38 PM

^ There was also that RBT blitz we passed going to the drive-in. Caused a few disruptions to the operations.

#29 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

Actually i forgot about that pat! I didnt get picked at all!!

All in all nothing stands out in my perosnal experiences that was a bad experience at all!

Cheers

#30 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:20 AM

well leaving my olds in collie got pulled up... was doing just under 50... cop swore blind i was speeding... couldnt handle it and couldnt show me the radar gun and tried to tell me he doesnt have to... and i was wondering how he got a reading while he was travelling the other way??? he then didnt write me a speeding ticket and starting writing out a yellow sticker and i got really narky at them and so did the missus and they called backup and 2 cars rocked up to take mrs away... by then my old lady and bro had come and chilled one copped out... anyway got a licky with work order saying "speedo 15k's out" well its a stock vs series2 with stock rims so i doubt that so will be getting pits to write something out so i can proceed with a complaint... his fellow officers thought he was a joke to... old lady called me just as i went past black diamond turnoff to tell me old boys mate had scanner on and they put a thing out to try ping me... i did 30 through the towns waving at cops... OWNED...

i put this down to double demerit weekend and the local hick coppers had nothing better to do...

will ride this out till the bloke gets atleast a repremand.... the pit inspection crew will piss it laughing

#31 _lcnewby_

_lcnewby_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:01 PM

They don't have to show you the radar reading - its just a courtesy (if they want to)

#32 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:59 AM

Just got pulled over for the First time about 30min ago on my way home from work.

I notice this car come out of no where and catch me from a distance, i knew it was cops straight away...

I was in the HQ, just pulled me over for a licence check.... He gave the licence to his partner to check while he had a good ole chin wag with me, asked about wat donk it had, i told him bout the torry, and a bitch about petrol prices and wat not.... I think he liked the car, cos he could keep his eyes off it, and wasnt really interested at all in the licence!

I like nice polite coppers! That one gets my thumbs up! Not all cops are bad!

#33 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:37 AM

Dang, i have been pulled over 2 times already and they were both on permit goin to sort out roadworthy items, The lady at the end of my court didnt like me when i ran the new cam in with only pipes underneath, soon as i left the court the found me i town getten tyres. waited till i left the joint and booked me. $525 later they told me they didnt like me or my car and am on the "black list" .

Tried fighting the fine, but apparently they were within the rights.
Almost sold my torry last month because of the hassle.
Lol, they even came round to check my engine numbers and chassis numbers out of the blue,

Just wait till i put the plates on the car.
For Sale-
74 LH 308, purple, roller rockers and free "black listing"

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#34 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

im gonna fight my yellow sticker, my speedo works, its a bog stock 96 vs series2 bombadore.

i didnt get a speeding fine though after 20 minutes of arguing and my missus almost being arrested

#35 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

i only seem to get pulled over for a on the spot RBT, once i commented to the coppers you know i dont drink and drive and their reply was yeah thats why we pulled you over :spoton: . but considering im the next best thing to a copper i get left alone. they even tell me most years to leave my torry at home as schoolies week is approaching. those motorcycle coppers arent as tolerant :furious:

#36 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

one other time in our camaro dad was in a speedy mood and the cops had a vt ss next to him at the lights full drag off all il say is it was a detectives car and he wooped its ass then the sirens came on and pulled him up checked the car for nitrous and then said ur lucky were not trafic patrol and continued off down the road ^_^ camaro only had a small 307

#37 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

Sprry posted twice. lol

Edited by youngy_11, 06 June 2006 - 05:46 PM.

#38 _youngy_11_

_youngy_11_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:45 PM

I think the coppers definatly like older Aussie cars comepared to the Suped up RICERS. :spoton:

#39 _ssstone_

_ssstone_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

read the thread and common denom is ,JUST A RBT. bollocks! old car check it out !i know a cpl of plods and they knowolder cars are easy pickins.(outstanding fines e.t.c) bout 12 months ago the wifes late model patrol was gettin serviced and she had to go to lilydale so she took the undercoated hz.it was overcast and drizzlin up here in the hills .driving past a side r.d she noticed a plain jane cop car with hisright indicator on.having past him she watched him turn left and pull in behind her and pull her over .she asked him why did u pull me over he replied that when she passed him he thougt she wasnt wearing her seatbelt! W.T.F ??there is no way he could have seen the passengers seatbelt let alone the drivers .took 10 mins checkin out lights,tires and windscreen e.t.c and then had the bguckin cheek to fine her 150 for NOT PROPERLY HAVING CHILD RESTRAINED yes my 5 year old boy was sitteing idrivers rear pass with belt on however he only weighed 20 kilos and vic roads state that a child must weigh 25 or ride in a booster seat !!so it appears my 9 year old daughter must be in abooster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1if my wife had been driving her toorak tractor this prick would not have pulled her over .there was no guide coat on the car it was just flat grey .had the chance to meet this prick a few months later when he pulled my wife over in my hq ute whilst i was a passenger. again couldnt fault the car and this time nor the driver .so i gave the knob heaps.OLD CAR EASY TARGET or a tradeis so be clean and give the revenue raisers heaps cause in the end they are only TAX COLLECTERS imho mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users