- - - - -

It's a start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:00 PM

finally getting somehwere with the LJ. tonight me and my brother tackled respraying the engine bay. (this project has doubled as my topic for my oral presentation tomorrow :D) there's some before and after shots HERE so please enjoy, i'm stoked with the finish i got. considering it was a home job and the weather isnt perfect for it

Edited by lexa, 31 May 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#2 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

Good on ya.
Hard to see whats going on.. so much black :P

Don't mean to be negative.. But, did you consider stripping and sanding the bay properly before spraying? Also you didn't want to pull ALL the bits out (fluid feeds, pipes, wires etc) before you sprayed?
Perhaps you were short on time, you'd probably need a week of full-time labour to strip, sand and spray a bay.

I say this as I know from experience, quick and 'slack' jobs just mean bigger headaches down the track (and, often for another owner) :P

#3 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

g'day smeer, i didnt take a photo of JUST before i painted, i just realised that. i did spend alot of time sanding all the areas, and that is evident if you were to see the finish. but u are right about removing all parts. i was simply out of time, i know some of you out there would have me shot for saying this but i figured "it is just the engine bay" and i needed a topic for my english oral presentation tomorrow. lol. this way i win and my teachers win :D

Edited by lexa, 31 May 2006 - 08:59 PM.

#4 _70rey_

_70rey_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

very nice mate... i just got mine done too...

like to see more pics later

#5 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

i think i messed up that link, anyone trying to find the pics try here painty painty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users