Car Illustrations and concepts

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hi guys,

I have recently finished Industrial Design at uni and while looking for design work and developing my folio, decided to set up a small business offering custom car illustrations.

Hand-drawn and rendered original illustrations can be ordered of your specific car. These start at $130 including postage (to Australia) for a standard view in A3 landscape format, drawn to your requested specifications.

Here is a sample gallery of some previous illustrations:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For these illustrations I use marker, pen, pencil and pastel on quality Canson paper.

For more sample illustrations and information on how to order, please check out my website here: http://www.michaelgraydesign.com/

As well as this standard service, if you need any other illustration or design work done, then feel free to contact me and discuss what you'd like done.

My email address is [email protected]

#2 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

I didnt know you were such an Arteest mate!!! They are bloody awesome!!! You've got some talent there!

These would make great presents for people! If I wasn't so broke, I'd love to get one!

#3 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:40 PM

G'day guys, for the past 11 months I have worked as a CAD engineer at Bolwell, which has been a great experience. But as I am desperate to work as a car designer, I have quit my job at Bolwell, to spend the next few months developing my design portfolio. (For this I'm designing 2 cars, which basically involves doing hundreds of sketches, pretty rendered drawings and building my designs in CAD)

In the meantime, apart from chasing some laboring work to keep the cash rolling, I am able to take on freelance CAD, design and illustration jobs that are available.

I charge a rate of $25 per hour for these various services.

If you need a part modeled up in CAD for the purposes of rendered images, files for rapid-prototyping, or for 2D dimensional drawings, don't hesitate to contact me for a quote.

Similarly, I can draw or illustrate objects/products/cars to suit your requirements, and am still offering the car illustration service shown in the posts above.

Contact me by email for a quote or even if you just want to run the possibility of an idea past.

Email is still [email protected]

Below is some sample work:

This is part of an engine concept modelled in 3D and rendered for a recent client:

Twinrotorpairedit1B_zps22ba1807.jpg

This vehicle, trailer and mountain bikes were all modeled in 3D:

rrqwithbikesstudioedit2.jpg

This concept rendering was sketched by hand and rendered in Photoshop:

CopyofHatchrearquarterrender1C_zps50650f

Edited by mick74lh, 20 May 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#4 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hey Mick, I love your mid engine HQ Ute awesome pic and concept, cheers Aaron.

#5 Ando

Ando

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Car:6/'76 L32 SS white & black. 9/'76 L31 SS gold. 5/'77 L31 SS Chamois. 3/'79 UC SL Deluxe hatch.
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

Nice work Mick. I might have a job for you. Will contact you shortly.

#6 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

so whos going to bit the bullet and hire Mick to CAD up some "perfect" holden six cranks to get cut?

#7 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hey Mick, I love your mid engine HQ Ute awesome pic and concept, cheers Aaron.

Me too cept for the damn Chev badge on the damn rocket cover dammit! :furious:

#8 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Me too cept for the damn Chev badge on the damn rocket cover dammit! :furious:

As long as its a Chev motor it should be alright yeah?

Or is that the problem?

Edited by Potta, 22 May 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#9 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Ando: No probs. Be sure to keep me posted if you do.

Rodomo: Haha very funny! Yeah the idea was to have a big block Chev motor so i thought it was acceptable at the time.

#10 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

I blame the clown that decided a Chev would be good in a Holden back in the HK! (That's where the rot started)

I'm sure the public would have put up with the awesomeness of a 161 or 186 for another year or two til the REAL, AUSSIE V8's arrived DAMMIT!

THAT clown started this whole Chev badge on a Holden mentality that we have to put up with these days!

Who was he? He should be denounced DAMMIT! :soapbox:

P.S. I don't blame yoose young wipper snippers for this as yoose are babies and know nothing.

I blame your Granpa's that didn't teach your Dads how to check their oil and water or how to change a flat.

How are yoose to know anything? :dontknow:

Edited by rodomo, 22 May 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#11 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

I blame the clown that decided a Chev would be good in a Holden back in the HK! (That's where the rot started)

I'm sure the public would have put up with the awesomeness of a 161 or 186 for another year or two til the REAL, AUSSIE V8's arrived DAMMIT!

THAT clown started this whole Chev badge on a Holden mentality that we have to put up with these days!

Who was he? He should be denounced DAMMIT! :soapbox:

P.S. I don't blame yoose young wipper snippers for this as yoose are babies and know nothing.

I blame your Granpa's that didn't teach your Dads how to check their oil and water or how to change a flat.

How are yoose to know anything? :dontknow:

^^^Thats the funniest thing I've read for quite sometime !

#12 _Macca97_

_Macca97_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

so whos going to bit the bullet and hire Mick to CAD up some "perfect" holden six cranks to get cut?

as in perfect do you mean stroker :) i hope so, maybe we all pitch in a few bob aha

Mick: all the drawings look absolutely awesome.

#13 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Good stuff Rodomo. Maybe we should remove the offensive image.

Cheers Macca.

For those who are interested in this sort of stuff, I've managed to get a fair bit of work done on the design folio lately. You can now find it on this website: http://michaelgrayde....wordpress.com/

As I'm trying to network at the moment and may as well ask, does anybody on this forum have any contacts in the automotive industry or have experience themselves in automotive design? I'm trying the car companies here in Melbourne at the moment, but would also be keen to move overseas for a while, particularly the states.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users