LC GTR XU1 Bathurst ???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

Hi All,
I know a little bit about LX torries but bugger all about LJ LC etc, I have a bloke claiming to have a Genuine "LC GTR XU1 Bathurst" :huh: that he says he will sell to me, at a price of course.
What I need to know is, is there such a thing as a "Bathurst" and if there is what is the difference between a "GTR XU1" and a "GTR XU1 Bathurst" in the LC series. I will hopefully have the numbers by the weekend and will ask HG350 to check them for me but for now would just like to know the above info and maybe what they are worth?????

Regards
Duck05

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 06:38 PM

There sure is and I wish I still had my Salamanca Red LC I bought in Sept 1971. Bugger! :cry:
R

#3 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

My understand is the 'Bathurst' cars were the one to recieve the lumper cams, and other upgrades above and beyond the 'normal' XU-1s. Generally they were built in Sep i think, and i though they were only the LJ XU-1s in 72 and 73.

I'm not a full on 'XU-1 nut' so i can't garantee this but someone else should be able to confirm it.

Steve

#4 _finer70_

_finer70_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:43 PM

Both LC & LJ XU1's were tricked up especially for Bathurst and a specific number needed to be produced to be eligible. These special runs are known as Bathurst cars.

However I believe there is an exception. In 1970 the LC XU1 was built just in time for Bathurst and so no special tricked up run was built. That is all 1970 LC XU1's can be said to be Bathurst cars.

Shoot me if I am wrong.

#5 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

there sure is a bathurst special 71 car.It has a CK engine and runs the same gearbox as the 72xu1 and 72 bathurst car.It uses the 899 cluster and 544 input shaft which gives it the long third gear. It uses a A291 or A281 cast (2815843) cylinder head.You could order these with a variety of diff ratios, 3.36, 3.08. They made a total of 299 of these cars.150 of them from brisbane and 140 from Adelaide.I believe that the 71 bathurst is very collectable and have not seen a complete one for sale ever as there arent many left.I am lucky enough to have an Adelaide bulit 9/71 car in glazier white with matching engine number.Car is going through a resto at the moment.If you can buy this car buy it.If you need to dicuss it further i am happy to discuss it if you want to pm me thats fine...Cheers..Phil :spoton:

#6 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

Phil is right...the rarest of rare XU1s....see my previous comment.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
R

#7 superfly_GTR

superfly_GTR

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Car:1970 LC GTR

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

Tell me about it!! my dad had a Plumb Dinger one in about 73-74 and sold it to buy a new sandman ute for work :cry: this is after he sold an LC GTR just like mine to buy the XU-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users