front sway bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _aka5000_

_aka5000_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

hey all
i just bought a whiteline front-mount front sway bar for my lh, can someone please post a pic or two of theirs to give us an idea on how to fit it, or just explain it for that matter? the instructions i got with it are pretty crappy :huh:
cheers alex

#2 _Leakey_

_Leakey_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:03 AM

Hi Alex, try the article Enders' did on mounting a front sway bar.

Not sure if it is a Whiteline or GM type.

Might give you some tips though.

http://www.gmh-toran...try_view&iden=2

- Leakey

#3 _Sammy_

_Sammy_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

no enders article is for a REAR mounted front swaybar, this one is a FRONT mounted front swaybar ....

the one i have is a whiteline so i'll assume they are fairly much unchanged designs.

first you need to assemble all the bits, you have the long square shaft which has on either end the holes for the u bolts and shackles, on these also goes the bend flat plates, they all hold together with the u bolts, and this holds the swaybar to the bracket aswell, then on either end of the flat bar it needs to be connected to the underside of the front chassis rails, if you look up infront of the front wheels you'll see the mounts that hold the bumper bar in place, from memory it uses one of them and also has its own bolt for the second hole.

then once that is all done you need to mount the small L shaped brackets onto the lower control arms, i had to drill holes in my control arms and attach them with bolts, if yours is the same then yeah, thats what you do, then after that its just a matter of adjusting it all up and fitting the link rods at the right lengths.

i don't have any pictures of my swaybar and its not in the car at the moment anyways so i can't help with pics.

#4 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

Alex,
take pics, so we can put another Tech Article up. :D

Grant..

#5 _aka5000_

_aka5000_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

hey all,
there was a screw up with the kit i bought, was missing u bolts, idiots.. :tease:
anyways i got it sorted, will chuck it in this weekend. will post some pics too

#6 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

Just weld it where it touches. She'll be right :tease:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users