car club victoria

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Looking for a car club in victoria preferably western suburbs, Car club thats big on cruising and events but basically a club i can get my car on to the permit scheme without having a 12month probation period?? and meet some like minded people. Ive got a pretty stock HK monaro and a less stock lh torana. Lh is just about to hit the road just need to sort rego out.
Im in the werribee hoppers area, Any help or leads would be great.

Cheers

#2 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

the car club im part of would be perfect but were in the eastern suburbs having said that we have 2 members who regulary attend cruises from your side 1 from sunbury 1 from ascot vale were an all makes and models car club to

#3 LC-069

LC-069

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC GTR & LX SL

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

I second that roadster

I'm also from the western suburbs, werribee area.

#4 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Youve got a couple like lions pride and the 60-80s club. I must say that the latter club im not sure if thats the era of car or the age of the members they prefer!

#5 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Youve got a couple like lions pride and the 60-80s club. I must say that the latter club im not sure if thats the era of car or the age of the members they prefer!

Like the comment on the 60s and 80s. I have checked the websites on both them clubs and they both state you need to be a financial member of the club for a minimum of 12 Months before you can apply for a Club Permit !!

#6 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

the car club im part of would be perfect but were in the eastern suburbs having said that we have 2 members who regulary attend cruises from your side 1 from sunbury 1 from ascot vale were an all makes and models car club to

Sounds ideal seems like 90% of the clubs are in the eastern suburbs. Would like to find something on this side however. i certainly would not rule it out. What is youre club called

thanks for the reply

I second that roadster

Cant believe how few clubs there are in the area. Probably heaps of "commodore with stockies on the back" clubs though. LOL

#7 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

The club Ryan mentioned is Eastside Crusiers. We are just about to register ourselves for the Club Rego Scheme... I doubt we will have a 12month membership rule to start with... Just some minor rules that say you have to attend a certain amount of events or something... We are still sussing that out.

Ryan and Myself are both on the Committee by the way...

#8 _roadster_

_roadster_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

MRLXSS Had a look at your clubs website looks really good and exactly what i am after, Will certainly keep it in mind if i cant find anything closer.

Thanks Heaps

#9 1972xu1

1972xu1

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

try the Geelong Holden Club FX to HZ. 3 month membership for club plates and participation in club events. They have a number of werribbee members

#10 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

It's confusing though, how are you supposed to register and participate for 3-12 months WITHOUT REGO!!!

#11 kerm74

kerm74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

I second that roadster

sounds good - saw a extremely nice orange lc gtr on the road on saturday - any chance it was you LC 069?

#12 LC-069

LC-069

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC GTR & LX SL

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

yep that was me, cheers mate

#13 _Driver 73_

_Driver 73_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

It's confusing though, how are you supposed to register and participate for 3-12 months WITHOUT REGO!!!

Hi judgelj, the problem that you might find is clubs have had a massive increase in people wanting to join a club just for the privillage of a ''Vic Roads Club Permit".
People join and you never see their car or them supporting the club. Three months is not too long if you are keen to join a club and support the club,Its a great way to meet people with the same interests.
People need to remember its a Club permit not car registration,clubs have regulations in place to maintain the privillage from Vic Roads to have such permits.

Just my two cents worth :D

I really hope you find a club that you will be happy in and closer to your home.

Edited by Driver 73, 27 July 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#14 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I understand and respect the reasoning behind it but i dont like it personally, thats just my opinion i guess. i have spoken to a few members of various clubs and they seem to feel the same way but at the end of the day it is money for the club and not all care too much about participation.

#15 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Gippsland car club hvae the right idea, associate member, pay less, don't vote at meetings etc, just get club reg on cars haha. And if you wanna get into it, they have the best hillclimb track around :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users