#1 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

what is going on in adelaide now the council want to kill off bay to birdwood and other sa car events is this a sign of whats going to happen australia wide as we all know car enthusiasts are just hoons anyway hey :furious:

http://www.adelaiden...3-1226328151242

#2 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

can we call you the no brains state?
you voted them in....remind them you can vote em out just as easily

Edited by Quagmire, 17 April 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#3 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

can we call you the no brains state?
you voted them in....remind them you can vote em out just as easily

ive always said we are sa the backwards state who else builds an express way you can only use one way at certain times :banghead:

#4 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

And that's partly the reason we are moving to qld, just fed up with them'stone aged' attitude of e majority of people here, and the s.a govt.
S.a is the laughing stock of Australia and I've heard comments recently on a work course i done in Sydney with guys from all over oz,
No wonder it's called the nanny state, sad when it gets to the point a bunch of fags on push bikes get priority over a classic car cruise....

Edited by greenmachine215, 17 April 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#5 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

lol....qld is no better...lived in both states for a year or so each...
enoy drinking recycled "shit" :)

#6 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is going to happen australia wide we are turning into a bunch of soft cocks in this great country the people had there say but now the govenment rule i say kick the barstards out as soon as they start talking shite
i was in adelaide last year when it was on i didnt know about until a big stream of classic cars went past close to where i was staying i was in auto heaven

#7 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

What a crock of s#!t.

It is held every year, has been for how long now? They close off a section for a bit on 1 day! Only for a bit, not like it's a 24hr thing.

Yet the tour down under has every retard in spandex on a bike all over the place not obeying road rules just to be on the 'bandwagon' and it goes on everywhere for days on end...

#8 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

It is actually the council that decided upon this rule. Unbelievable. I am not local; I live here for family reasons, but every day it is something else in this place, with a minority of influential local paople who seem to want nothing more than to keep SA in a 1950 time warp. Look at the facility we could have had at Vic Park, and the realignment of the race course would have meant more greening of the area as well. I live next to Vic Park, and listening to the moaning by some of the residents about the Clipsal does my head in. Virtually 700 residents stopped a plan that would have benefited not just motor sport fans, but the whole of Adelaide. They actually thought by stopping it, the Clipsal would no longer be held here! I actually don't think these people want anything to be held in Adelaide; no wonder kids leave. I have already told my kids to get out once education is over. I just don't know what is wrong with these people. Rant over.

#9 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

yes well said guys here it seems to be if you like cars your a hoon its been that way for a few years now and its getting worse.....i remember a smasa cruise we went on up to noarlunga lots of cars parking was hectic someone parked across the driveway of the entrance of a parking bay but no biggie because all the cars were on the cruise anyway...next thing you know a cop pulls up jumps out and yells if that car is not moved in 5 minutes every car on the cruise will be defected what a joke...after he calmed down a bit he also let slip the government are trying to bring in a law that cruising with more than 3 cars be banned if you did cars would be confiscated the first time crushed the second time....no wonder cruises are down on numbers here in s.a..... now we get this crap because of a few people.... this state really sucks now and its getting worse we are a laughing stock....we are not stabbing shooting bashing people or doing home invasions i think the government need to go after the real crooks in our town but that would be to logical hey....

Edited by bullitljv8, 18 April 2012 - 06:13 PM.

#10 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Its the same in w.a. cant take your classic car
out and drive over the speed limit by 5kmph they will just ping ya
you reckon s.a. is a nanny state dont come to w.a. then its getting to the stage where im going to sell all my classic cars and build a drag car for the drag strip only bloody bullshit thats what it is my rant over
makes my blood boil this topic

#11 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

qld is full.

#12 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

qld is full.

of what???

#13 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Banana bending transvestites :stirpot: lol

Ducks for deep cover :surrenderwave:

Edited by LX2DR, 18 April 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#14 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

they voted it out last month :)
they have room for one more now

#15 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Shame that the council see fit to destroy what I would say most people would enjoy. Bay to Birdwood doesn't close roads so that would be out of the firing line. Interested to know though, doesn't the state gov own the roads except for national roads which are federal gov. Wouldn't it be up to the state gov to decide if a road can be closed for events?

#16 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

It seems that if you dont pay rego [pushbikes] no fuel tax we the vehicle owners pay through rego fuel excise gst on services tyres ins so should we not ban pushbikes as i believe user should pay

#17 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

And that's partly the reason we are moving to qld,

Just make sure you give Kelly and I a call when you're on your way, will be good to catch up.....and bring as many unsubstantiated rumours about Craig as possible!! :P

Grant..

#18 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

It seems that if you dont pay rego [pushbikes] no fuel tax we the vehicle owners pay through rego fuel excise gst on services tyres ins so should we not ban pushbikes as i believe user should pay

One of the regular comments around here is "I have a licence and pay rego on my car, so I'm entitled to use my bike on the road!"
Yeah, and I have to pay four lots of rego for cars, so you slimy bastards should pay and put a plate on your bike too!!

Grant..

#19 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

and follow the road rules....and ffs NEVER wear spandex outside of the bedroom......:)

#20 _hqlden_

_hqlden_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Me think that u should take a stand gather all the old cars park at local member of parliament and show him people power
Classics not plastic or spandex
Or just get as many cruises u can to raise money then go to media and u know blah blah them
Good cause blah blah. Or move to busso lots old cars here and shire likes em

#21 _LC_138_

_LC_138_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

This issue has been taken very seriously and the council involved has already changed their mind to "we may reconsider" I believe.

#22 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

Maybe if i bolt on some roof racks on the L34, and mount a push bike on top, dress in spandex, they might accept that as a worthy contender to the tour down under!!!
(Thats if its ok by Outer, of course!) haha
p.s That would be an interesting note in the cams logbook!

#23 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Maybe if i bolt on some roof racks on the L34, and mount a push bike on top, dress in spandex, they might accept that as a worthy contender to the tour down under!!!
(Thats if its ok by Outer, of course!) haha
p.s That would be an interesting note in the cams logbook!

oh i would pay just to see you do that m8 lol.........

#24 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

oh i would pay just to see you do that m8 lol.........

Would,nt be a pretty sight good buddy, LOL.
Might scare all our potential enthusiasts for our "ALL TORANA DAY" DOH!

#25 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Would,nt be a pretty sight good buddy, LOL.
Might scare all our potential enthusiasts for our "ALL TORANA DAY" DOH!

or invite more you sexy beast you :tongue4:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users