LH (V8) Sump into LC

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

I currently have a High Energy suit 308 into LH torana. Will this fit into an LC/LJ torana?

I've heard that it might not fit. Both the LH and LC have the bulge at the back of the sump, so what's the difference? Will it hit something?

My LH sump is still brand new. Do i really need to go out and buy one specifically to suit LC?

#2 _Torana308_

_Torana308_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:06 PM

You will have to buy the correct one for a LC/LJ because they are modified to clear the crossmember and you also need a modified pickup. Where the sump ramps down to the bowl is cut and made flat to clear the crossmember

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

if your skilled enough you can alter a hq style sump or just buy one already done mine costed me 60 with pickup

cheers chevy

#4 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I now know that it wouldn't have fit... but I tried fitting the motor just out of curiosity to see exactly how much different it really was. And I found that the motor pretty much sits on the engine mounts, and the sump wasn't hitting by much at all! Pitty. Although, it hits enough for me to want to go and buy an LC HE sump.

I found that while it probably hits a little where it 'ramps down', the bulge section of the sump is a little bit too large as well and begins too far forward. Here are a couple of pics, but the plastic makes things a bit hard to see the clearances - sorry (I couldn't be bothered unwrapping the engine, plus didn't want to scratch it).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by LHoon, 04 July 2006 - 08:06 PM.

#5 _micksgtr_

_micksgtr_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

i'll take the sump!!!!
cheers

#6 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:31 PM

yeah im after that sump too!

#7 _LHoon_

_LHoon_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

I will wait until I get my new sump before selling.
I'm not sure whether i will need a new pickup or not. I got a high energy to make me a hi-performance pickup (to suit LH), which wasn't cheap.

I might just put the sump on ebay and let you guys bid on it. That way no one feels like they have missed out.

#8 _dannylxss_

_dannylxss_
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:37 PM

i made my own sump but brought a HE pick up new $70 through my engine builder

#9 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:38 PM

Hoon,
Buy the right sump, it comes with pickup. You will ned a HQ one to exchange ..try American Auto Parts..they were good for me.
Rory
P.S. Add an extra 500ml of oil just to be on the safe side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users