WINTON FUN DAY

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

hey all im very interested in the winton fun day just curious anyone ever been whats it like do they belt the cars around or nurse them ? how many cars on the track at once ??? how much is entry whats the date??? is it just a gmh torana event or is it a huge ass open to all event ????? cheers chevy :D

#2 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

Gday mate,

there are several threads about the Winton fun Days.

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=4088 This thread has some info about the days

http://www.gmh-toran...?showtopic=4230 Has info about the latest Winton Fun day on the 16th of July.

Steve

#3 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

thanks steve i was keeping an eye out for u and the guy with the bells at historic winton a couple of weekends ago however didnt see either im very keen to go to this event did you race on the track if so did you nurse the cars belt them or in between ????

#4 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:23 PM

Sorry mate i didn't get to the Historics, too much on that weekend. Mine is just a Daily i take to the Winton Fun days, not a race car.

I have been out at probably about 5 or 6 fun days, and yes its great fun. The event is more aimed at having a go on the track, not formal racing like what you would find at a go kart nite or something, more just doing laps.

I pushed my car fairly hard, not to the point of 'drifting' or 'sliding' but far enough to be having a red hot go. That said i usualy only do 3 - 6 laps at a go, i can't afford to break the daily and any more and you can kill your tyres and other things.

Steve

#5 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:00 PM

sweet im still interested for the next one mine is a daily driver as well and i dont want to break anything either does everyone cruise up in a convoy??

#6 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

73LJWhiteSL
You and me might have to "line up" on the day. Boys uc is virtually stock 173, extractors, tweaked dizzy and cold air induction. Bought a helmet off e-bay this week. He is buying new tyres though so might have to go easy :cry: Might get the old YOKOS off the tyre bloke and mount them on stocky rims for this sort of thing. Can't wait!

Edited by rodomo, 06 June 2006 - 11:42 PM.

#7 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

It will be the battle of the 173 powered UCs hatch vs sedan, hmm, will be great fun. The event is being put on the VTC runlist so hopefully we will have a few Toranas there.

#8 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:34 PM

Dunno if i am keen to line up against another UC 173 rodomo.. last time i lost by 0.02 i think... Shut up Peter UC :tease: :tease: :tease: :tease: :cry:

Mine is pretty stock as well... 173, extractors, 2" exhaust electronic dizzy and GRA carb and straight gas :spoton:

My cousin reckoned i was laping Winton in the at ~2:15

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 07 June 2006 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users