HD wagon show car

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 _BAILLIE_

_BAILLIE_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Keep it at a mates place and move the frOck out into somewhere you can work on it.

It's a classic and the only way it will ever drop in value is if you strip it, fix nothing and then bail out of the project for whatever reason. You might not lose much on it now, but in a few more years when they are worth a mint it will be clear that you made a mistake.

Failing that, uh, $600 ... : P

#27 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

are you kidding!!!!!!!!

#28 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

i dont know how ive done anything wrong, the car needed to be restored it looks good in the photos but needed alot of work, if anything i have made it easier for the next owner, it is completely taken back to bare metal, which takes alot of time, if anything i have done half the work and still charging the same price i paid for it, therefore i am not making any money on it and have spent many of my hours working on it for nothing, then you guys say that you would pay $500 and $600 for it that is just plain stupid, if you think you can be a car like this for that price you are obviously wrong, i am not trying to rip anyone off witht the sale i just want to see it o to a good home where some one has the time to restore it!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

You say you bought it in 09, which was around the peak of the boom, when these things were supposedly worth millions. Now it's 2012 and things have quietened down, and you've turned a nice looking, drivable car into a stripped down half project.

Basically, you're not gunna get your money back.

#30 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

No one is saying you did anything wrong man, but look at the facts.

the car you started with, while a bit rough, was tidy enough to be regoed and daily driven, something that holds value.

The car you are trying to sell is one with all the bad bits exposed, all the rust showing, and in bits.

There is nothing worse than buying a car someone else pulled apart, there is always something forgotten, missing or broken.

You are selling a shell with a bunch of spares, not a complete car (like it was when you started)

I'm guessing $1500 is about all you'll get.

#31 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

the car was not driveable you sould start it and would only just drive, it had siezed brakes and the motor had a nosie coming from it it was far from just being able to put some bog in it, a quick lick of paint and get it rego'd, if you want it to be a complete car i can put everything back on it back down to the last screw, everything is boxed and labled, and in dry storage, the car has not been sat outside or anything like that, not been #@$^%& with the car could not have been a quick project, plus i am one of the oldschool builders that prefer doing things properly with lead wiping rather than bog, this is not my choice to sell it i would have loved to build it but due to me owing money to my dad i cannot continue with this build!!!!

#32 warrenm

warrenm

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts
  • Car:1972 LJ Torana
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Keep it at a mates place and move the frOck out into somewhere you can work on it.

It's a classic and the only way it will ever drop in value is if you strip it, fix nothing and then bail out of the project for whatever reason. You might not lose much on it now, but in a few more years when they are worth a mint it will be clear that you made a mistake.

Failing that, uh, $600 ... : P

$500.

You blokes sure know how to let a bloke easy. :stirpot:

#33 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think you need to lay off the whizz fizz and take some advice on board, I read somewhere else that you are in year nine, that makes you about 15?

Not that age is a problem, young guys build good things sometimes (ask me how I know... ;) )

Regardless of the condition before, it was still worth more together than apart.

Or, it would appear from your own descriptions, that you overpaid to begin with?

If you want to move it and at the same time, see what its worth in the market, put it on ebay.

#34 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

just because im 15 dosent mean i dont know anything about car, my whole life is about them, all night and all day that is what im think about. plus i think saying that im having too many wizz fizzs is fairly disrespectful and how stereotypical your being to me, im not your average 15 year old. i know how to weld with mig, tig and stick, i know how to dissemble an engine and basicly anything on a car. plus ive worked at a mates mechanic shop after school since i was 13 so i know my shit when talking about car, i am taking your comments on board and have been think about them, sorry if i have come accoss as being angry. im just trying to get some money back for my ute. cheers

#35 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

We're not saying you don't know anything, you've obviously got some idea... Unfortunately, you're not going to get all of your money back for the wagon, supply and demand etc etc.

Like Chris said, there's plenty of guys here that have built cars as teenagers with good results (OrangeLJ, Bomber Watson, Heath and myself to name a couple).

By the way, anybody can disassemble stuff, the reassembly is the tricky bit haha

#36 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

i menat to say that i could reassemble it as well

#37 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

i am one of the oldschool builders that prefer doing things properly with lead wiping rather than bog

im 15

just taking the piss cos Im bored !!

chuck it on ebay mate and see what people are prepared to pay, obviously not going to get that money here....

#38 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I avoided pointing that out Adam! haha.

I get what he is TRYING to say with it, but definitely not the right way to put it.

#39 _onsillsAutoPhotography_

_onsillsAutoPhotography_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

stuff yous all, nice to see the older guys helping the younger ones to get into cars, thanks

#40 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Nice to see the younger guys listening to the advice given to them by the older guys...

#41 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Edited by Skapinad, 15 August 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#42 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,836 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Id say you would have better luck recouping your money by selling each and every single item on ebay individually.

#43 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

stuff yous all, nice to see the older guys helping the younger ones to get into cars, thanks

No one is trying to discourage you, read what YOU wrote, then read what people have responded with.

Lighten up buddy. If you want to do anything in life, you'll need a thicker skin than that (moreso if you plan to do anything car club/car related) everyone cops shit sometime in their life.

You remind me of Heath (not a bad thing) mixed with a little bit of Josh (kind of a funny thing). I like that. shows theres still some laughs to be had in the future.

#44 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

mate stick with the build. Book into a TAFE course in Automotive refinishing, and do your car there. That way you'll learn panel beating and spray painting. I can picture this car in matt black with a nice candy red race stripe up the guts and dropped on its guts.
Just keep at the build, atleast it'll give you something to do and you could have a nice car for when you get ya licence.

#45 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

If your desperate to sell, put it all back together and get what you can, or be prepared to be bombarded with offers you may find offensive, but its all people are willing to spend in its current state.

#46 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

He wants to get rid of it for money/space reasons, Shan... It sounds like he's already got all of the skills he needs haha

#47 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

You remind me of Heath (not a bad thing) mixed with a little bit of Josh (kind of a funny thing).

No two things could be more dissimilar.

#48 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

yeh leave it at tafe. The course he could do through school and wont cost anything.

#49 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Jeez you blokes are harsh! Good luck with the sale. If it were me I'd put it on ebay or gumtree and probably lower my expectations a bit with the price. With all due respect to the forum its probably not where you're gonna get the best price for your car.

Or as people have suggested, part it out in bits.

#50 _imj411_

_imj411_
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'm with Mick take it easy he is a kid don't you remember being one? Or are any of you fathers you would not like someone to speak to you or your child like that so play nice, cheers Aaron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users