LH 2 piece front spoiler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:17 PM

G'day Les,

I am interested in the 2 piece front spoiler for my LH SL/R 5000, looking on your web site there is only one 2 piece available, am I to assume that that spoiler only suits cars with wheel arch flares or is there another spoiler available for flareless cars. Also do you have available the brackets for mounting the spoiler as per the original holden items. Below is a pic of the original setup.

Posted Image

Apologies if the image is too big, I have only just worked out how to post pics.

Regards
Brad.

#2 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

There was only ever one spoiler, if you wanted flares, you have to cut the spoiler. The rares spoiler is the same deal, it's to suit a flareless car, you need to cut the back if you want flares. I'm 99% sure rares don't have the brackets.

#3 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:56 AM

Thanks REDA9X, I will have to make some brackets up myself, that is the problem with trying to get a car back to near as original when it has been altered in the past.

#4 slr5640

slr5640

XA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Name:Brian

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

It was suggested to me by some one that it may be beneficial not to fit the brackets as these cause even more damage to a spoiler if it comes in contact with something. I don't have any at the moment and it sits there ok without them. As I am doing a resto myself I would prefer to have them on.
What do other people think?

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:05 PM

Well I think it depends on your reasons for wanting the brackets. If the spoiler just came with them and you don't have a need for them then I suppose you pass them on to someone who's chasing a set for originality purposes.

I've been told by a lot of other people that brackets aren't necessary either so I doubt I'd be too worried about missing them.

#6 _LH SL/R 5000_

_LH SL/R 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

I might give them a miss, if I find there is a problem I'll just bend up some flat bar to suit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users