tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Name:Kerri
  • Car:LX Hatch & VX Clubsport & VS Ute

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Actually it's a VP with a 6Lt engine and custom interior.
Judging by the photos he has done a back to shell strip and paint.

#52 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Actually it's a VP with a 6Lt engine and custom interior.
Judging by the photos he has done a back to shell strip and paint.

meh...still a dirty stinking bogan commonwhore...no real loss

#53 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

hmm....

#54 mitchg

mitchg

The guy with the Torailer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts
  • Name:Mitch
  • Car:Was a '77 LX V6 Torana + Torailer now VX SS

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Still someones pride and joy...

#55 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I would say key left on and fuel pump still running by the looks of that

Poor bugger was frantic

#56 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Why did they whip the bonnet open near the end? Lucky it was completely out

#57 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Allen key bolt came out of the fuel rail, when it hit second, pressure blew it off and burnt the wiring and just kept turning over and reigniting the fire.
Aaron has said that it is only a car and was more concerned about getting the passengers out.

#58 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

They were quick to get everyone out and then get the fire extinguisher. Shame he couldn't kill the power to the fuel pump.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 _petrolhead_

_petrolhead_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for posting the BBQ, I only heard about it, why didn't he pop the bonnet before he got out?

#60 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Panicked I guess.

#61 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for posting the BBQ, I only heard about it, why didn't he pop the bonnet before he got out?

Leaving the bonnet closed limits the amount of air available for the fire. If he popped the bonnet before the fire extinguishers were in place it would have been an bigger inferno.

#62 _hqlden_

_hqlden_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Geez that flame was manic and so quick I was on drivers side of track and the flames got up to him through window. No wonder her got out quickly had the best photo of all but new iPhone lost my pics damn shame it was a great shot with flames at there highest point damn
Have lots of pics waiting for camera charge to load em up
My day was a bit all over the shop took hubby's new tripod for camera only to be told by some fat bitch security no tripods so another 2 k walk to return it to car,
Only to get inside and see yep you guessed it people with tripods cow,
Awsome cars though New and plastic not my thing but some great oldies that purred. Found a few special ones too
There was some major dickheads letting loose last night scary when headed straight towards other cars
some people like this will ruin it for all .
I really like the purple ones gee wonder why???? The impala etc
And one of the best in my humble voice was the SLEEPER aptly named,
And some of the elite were funny when they took to track,needing lots of directions hmmm maybe they don't drive em much hehhehe
Next year we might even take a car up who knows

#63 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Without the bonnet popped its hard to spray a fire extinguisher in there, we were trained to pop the bonnet and by pop I mean pull the cable so it pops up that first step then spray into the gap if it's fierce, If it's mild then open the bonnet slowly 2-3 inches to allow a direct shot at the source.

#64 Potta

Potta

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:LC GTR, LC 4 door

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Yeah easy to say in hindsight though.

In the heat of the moment (pardon the pun), you would only be thinking about getting out I would imagine.

#65 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Those fire extinguishers were bloody useless bet there will be a review on that before next year

#66 _hqlden_

_hqlden_
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I don't thi k he has any arm hair left the driver was out the passenger side and straight onto the fire extinguisher no time to do anything in car too hot in there

#67 _petrolhead_

_petrolhead_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

You could clearly see it was a fuel fire, the ignition was probably still on so it would of been pumping fuel like crazy, the firies should of noticed this and used the correct extinguishers all they needed to do was crack the hood enough to get a powder extinguisher in there, you NEVER pop the bonnet completly unless you want to become part of the inferno

#68 tinkers

tinkers

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Like I said, he was more worried about getting the passengers out than worrying about the car. if you look at the photo up there ^^^ you will see his grand dad was also in the car (front passenger).
Cars can be rebuid or replaced its a bit harder for people.

For what its worth he has already started stripping it out and will be back on the track in April.

#69 _petrolhead_

_petrolhead_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

The car owner I can understand, but the guys with the extinguishers should of known better a lot better what if somebody did get hurt

#70 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

I was abit baffled to see them using foam extinguishers too
Powder would have been a better way to remove the oxygen and have a better chance at putting it out

#71 _green taxi_

_green taxi_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

pwder is harder for them to cleen up

#72 fatslr

fatslr

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • Name:Garth
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Been to Motorvation 3 times now and this one was by far the most enjoyable although we did not get off to a very good start when Col's car broke down on Anketell road about 1km from the Motorplex after running sweet for the drive all the way from Australind.

The car just died :furious: spent about an hour on the side of the road before a mate pulled us out of the poo with a new module for the dizzy got in to the plex just in time to set up tents before dark .Then off to the snakepit for Friday night burnouts fires a plenty heaps of good burnouts "blown wagon" was very impressive.

I reckon Saturday arvo was the most people i have ever seen at the Motorplex had a little bit of fun in my hatch but the highlight was getting to go for a ride in my mate's just finished big block stroker XY in the elite supercruise he built the whole car himself at home in shed apart from paint job it only had a couple of hundred Ks on it and he hadn't really tested it out .
Impressive is an uderstatement straight through to top gear it toasted the tyres and smoked the snakepit out twice :3gears:
getting to go for a ride in that couldn't be beat [i thought]

Saturday night was good no raves everyone quitened down at a reasonable hour .

Sunday morning we managed to get a few of the torries lined up to help people with wheel selection

http://s202.beta.pho...caea46.jpg.html

Had a couple of runs against Greg "BLO 355" in the go to wo i beat him twice :stirpot: mainly due to the fact he was doing a pretty good impression of the MEGASKID comp lol.That Shafiroff engine is tuff as .

The biggest highlight was going for a ride in Col's mate Thommo's big block pro charged 55 Chev all underbonnet.

http://s202.beta.pho...ba3ecf.jpg.html

This car runs 10.2 down the 1/4 on pump gas and can be cruised like a daily driver .We got to go out in 2 supercruises in it and just melted the tyres everywhere insane . Thommo managed to hook it up a bit further down the strip and thank god it is caged so there was something to hold onto man it pulls hard.

I took some video in the Chev but for some unbeknown reason there is no sound :furious: i will post later it gives you a pretty good idea of what was going on .

There was definately a much improved ratio of old skool muscle to new Commodores this year .

Got to catch up with a few of the forum members over the weekend which was great Hayden's new setup in the UC looks a handful watching it from behind in the supercruise yesterday i thought he was headed for the wall can't wait to see a new time from it.

#73 _V6 UC_

_V6 UC_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yeah it was quite a handful that cruise. I'd had a carload for all the other cruises so wen I was by myself it got quite a bit skatey haha. Stepped out hard n headed straight for the wall, backed off straightened up then on it again n powerslided all thru 2nd into 3rd :-)
Need to get onto summerfield and get sum rims sorted soni can run et streets

#74 _BLO 355_

_BLO 355_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image just for you garthy

#75 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hi All,
My Mate Steve was at Motivation and went in the HT Monaro with 200hp Nitrous and here is the Youtube Link he took:-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users