- - - - -

chevys project 253 torana coupe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

hey everyone just thought id post up a few pics of my project. its a lj torana 2door coupe which i got fora bargain, came with minitubs and a limited slip diff and a fairly good body only one major dint in the ass end but no rust.

being only 16 years of age and a causual job at a supermarket and school limits how much work can be done to the car and how big on cubes i can go for the moment im doing up a hot lil 253 with a mild 308 cam, compression ratio squeezed up to 10:1 4 barrell carby and to protect the bottom end a bit better are some ARP conrod connecting bolts. the gearbox of choice is going to be a trimatic with possibly a b&m shift kit installed.

i have also changed the front end to have lc grill and surrounds as i already have a lj in one of the photos you can see the wheels im using some repro centerline lookalikes. body wise the only mod im really doing is the bonnet scoop which i picked up locally (a9x or slr 5000 scoop) and grafted it into the bonnet to give it a better stance. the color is going to be the new monaros devil yellow if anyone knows how to paint up one of my pics in the color and maybe past on a chrome lc front ?? using photoshop :fool: i aint too good with it.

hope you like it :spoton:

cheers chevy

im not sure how to get photo links up so ive left it with my cardomain page thanks

chevys torana

#2 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

Very Nice :spoton:

Looks like it will be a very mean machine!

I like how you have done the scoop!

#3 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

Thats gunna look pretty sweet, how did you graft the scoop on?

RIM

#4 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:21 PM

I might have to pop round and have a look at this beast on satdy arvo

#5 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:32 PM

hey 253toranass and rim010 the way the bonet was done was first some of the edges grounded off then a layer of fibrefill and then a fair bit of bog (all thanks to dad ) ^_^

and makka feel free mate but i work 4pm -9pm this saturday night

cheers chevy

#6 _efi-202_

_efi-202_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

nice looking 2door. Even better since the work has been done with the mini tubs :) seems like theres a bit of a car collection there. Will the V8 stay in or are you going down the EFI 6 track?

#7 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:48 PM

hello efi202 yes this girl is going to be my v8 car my daily is copping the efi202 am hoping to get the blue 202 installed this next school holidays

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users