Roller Rockers???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _canaryuc_

_canaryuc_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi torana fans out there.. i am considering purchasing a set of Yella Terra Roller Rockers for my 202, as it only has stock ones on at the moment.

I am wondering what sorta performance enhancement this adds, and how it actually benefits the engine.

Thanx heaps for any input

Andrew

#2 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

The performace enhancement would be minimal

but the reliability is alot better in those higher revs. alot tougher than a standard rocker. i have guide plates aswell which prevent the pushrods from slipping out.

im sure other members will give you more info.

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:30 AM

on a fresh motor it is like changing the cam as they have a mechanical advantage and can increase lift abd duration.
other benifits are to be brief they distribute load better and reduce the need for oil.
caution setting them up your self with no experience is only asking for disater as worn valves along with the fact that they need to be set uo precise to roll correctly across the valve (may take two or three assembly attempts) side load actually increases defeation the purpouse and costing more money.
also some need guide plates some dont and some need head modifications and some dont etc etc.

#4 _canaryuc_

_canaryuc_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:14 AM

Thanx heaps guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users