lx slr 5000

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 _ricko_

_ricko_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

has anyone seen this lx slr 5000 for sale, if so what do you think of the price as i am considering purchasing it

please let me know what you think
cheers ricko

http://www.australia...au/muscle/75983

#2 _MRNOS_

_MRNOS_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:37 AM

Just my opinion, I'm sure its a nice car, but if I was going to spend big dollars on a "Genuine" car, i'd want it to be original-ie, body-no flares unless its a A9X or L34, stock wheels, original stuff in the engine bay-no chrome, basically everthing original, thats where the value of these cars are these days-Original unmodified! but like I said nice car..

#3 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

IMHO the trim lets it down. I like Houndstooth but the repo cloth used has too much white. I would also expect it to be a little more original for top dollar.

#4 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:13 AM

Hi Ricko,
As you can probably tell by the pics of my 5000 I went for dead original, IMHO I think that particular car is a bit over priced, that said I am not criticising the owner for putting that price on it. In the end it depends on what YOU want. I, like all the above, believe the originality counts for heaps but if you want the flares and extras then it's your call but I would make offers at your price first because as Vista put it, it's at TOP dollar. GOOD LUCK!! :spoton:

Regards
Duck05

#5 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

always amazes me how some devalue our cars... if it a GT falcon nobody would question it... lets face it most people who own a SLR want the A9X look anyhow so why not buy a car for what it looks like and what you want, after all we buy them to enjoy dont we???
In 5 years time this price will seem ridiculously low anyhow. As my daughter says whatever floats your boat.

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:46 AM

At this very moment, I think it's too much for a car thats not that original, however I thought that about some A9X hatches I looked at in the past. If you are happy to spend that amount on that car, then go for it. I would personally rather one thats stock, no flares, and has the correct trim in the seats.

#7 _Torana482HP_

_Torana482HP_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:52 PM

you can do alot better for 35,000 than that!

#8 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

Good,
Not great
I kinda like it, looks clean and ready to kick arse, but the trim lets it down alot.

#9 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

the one thing you have to remember parting with this much money is that in 4 years time you wont have lost any money compared to a newer commodore or ford... in those terms for me any good torana is worth the investment.

#10 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

I had been told it was never restored, but I'd be going over it very hard, the engine bay paint is a mess.

#11 _EXLXSL_

_EXLXSL_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

Are the tags as they should be?

I have a 5/76 SS and don't have the space between the ALX and the first number. Just never taken a real lot of notice in tags until now.

#12 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:06 PM

Good to see you're buying a torana Ricko, but like others have said the SLR is at the top end of the price range. If you're financial and can negiotate with the price, go for it. If not there will be plently more up for sale. There is currently a black and white SLR on EBAY which is original and needs some work. Highest bid is currently $13,200.00 and ends on 16 June at 16.52 (In South Australia) I do not know the car but it is supposed to be a matching number car. The ebay is Item number: 4648799254 (I don't know how to do the link). Good luck with your search, let us know what you end up buying. :D

#13 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:02 AM

im sought of agreeing with wat most have said, the flares and trim put in on the high side... No doubting its an awesome looking car tho!

But its really up too you... keep it for 5 years and no doubt u will get your money back!

#14 _ricko_

_ricko_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:20 PM

hi guys
thanks for all your advice i really appreciate it i've decided to give that one a miss
and think if i'm going to pay top dollar i may as well go for the L34 or A9X , so i have found 1, what do you think of this one , one concern i do have is that the plates appear to have been taken off at some point .
does any one know anything about this car
please let me know

cheers ricko

http://www.australia...au/muscle/76379

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

you missd out, that car has been sold, the former owner up till recently is a forum member ultrabluea9x

#16 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, spewing! You just missed that one! and i think i can vouch for everyone on here or anyone who ever saw the car, that it was an absoluite weapon! Good Luck with your search! Im Sure REDA9X will help you locate one, he practically knows where every single one in the country is!

#17 _ricko_

_ricko_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

thanks mate
i checked out the car on ebay
i sent the seller an email but havn't had a response yet, does anybody know anything about this car
i would appreciate any help here, unsure about buying off ebay when i dont know much about the car

cheers ricko

http://cgi.ebay.com....bayphotohosting

#18 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

Good luck with the purchase. I'm not sure about buying cars off Ebay either. If there was one that I was interested in, I think I'd be more inclined to get the Seller to contact me so we could discuss it and agree on a price. Others may have practical experience on how they've approached it.

#19 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

Agree with GML-31, as time goes on, originality is going to be less of an issue. Flares were an optional period fitment, so I don't see it being a long term problem. Originality is just one particular form of modification. It's going to be hard to find any Torrie soon, just glad I got a hold of mine before the prices went stupid. At the same time, they aren't going to get any cheaper.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 June 2006 - 10:40 AM.

#20 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

there is a white a9x sedan on amcs just listed

#21 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

Mmm, the exception to this may be LX5008's car. Bought from new, 45,000km's on the clock. Now that is an original unmodified car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users