possible stolen monaro

police not interested

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

Got a phone call from a friend last night,he has been in search of a HK Monaro that he heard about,location west of Narrabi,very isolated,dirt roads,anyways he has spent many weekends driving about,last weekend sees a gate that gave him reason to look further,drives several kms,find a house asks the question about old cars,nil around the property,then remembers a monaro in the shed that has to go,old mate thinks i,ve hit the jackpot,enters shed to find a 186s silver mink black trim that looks perfect,just needs a wash,been sitting for 8 to 10 years,

The owner of the property says,the people that live in my out house own it,and i want it gone from my shed.

The people were not home,so old mate returns,knocks on door,and man opens the door,with his wife ,both of ethnic decent,which means nothing.He questions about the car,within a second the wife gets very violent and threatens him about looking at the car,these people became very suspicious looking,and did not want him there and hunted him away,they also mentioned the brother from sydney dropped it off.

My friend became very suspicious ,he is a fealla in his 50,s,wears the big hat,and is a farmer,people out here are very casual,no rush types of people,and the reaction from these guys was very out of the ordinary for out the back of no where.No one would feel threatened by this guy.

Old mate returns to the property owner,tells the story and the owner replys his concerns, and always wondered why it was hidden the way it is, in his huge shed.

Anyways this could be looked at 2 ways,very protective people,which is very strange out here,or they are hiding something.

He told the story to a policeman he knows, and he was not interested.

Unfortunately he got no i.d to check out the car,It would be good if there was a data base to look at, to find descriptions of stolen classics.The car has 2 dints either side of windscreen on roof,that is the only outstanding features.

could be over reaction,or his gut instinct could be right.

What would you do?i,d hate to think it is HOT.

#2 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Sounds like your 50+ y/o hat wearing friend should get back onto property owner who then can DEMAND the vehicle be removed from HIS PROPERTY... Sit back and keep a very close eye on the vehicle's movements from there on...

#3 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Could be a over protective owner, remember monaros are worth abit these days

#4 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like your 50+ y/o hat wearing friend should get back onto property owner who then can DEMAND the vehicle be removed from HIS PROPERTY... Sit back and keep a very close eye on the vehicle's movements from there on...

And if that fails, just forget it and move on.

#5 _ooLo31_

_ooLo31_
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

i used to go hunting on a property in coolabar it was silver mink and some one tried stealing it
and hit a tree on the way out .it sat there for years i offered to buy it many times but it was the owners brothers car
and he was sent away for a long time so it wasnt for sale.

#6 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:13 AM

id tell another cop who might give a stuff contact monaro clubs in the area i bet you its hot

#7 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

maybe its a decesed family members?.and if YOUR monaros not missing.....

#8 _Mick_186_

_Mick_186_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

it does sound a bit dodge. out of curiosity can your mate remember if it had number plates on it? also if they mentioned the brother from Sydney dropped it off I'd be ringing someone in the monaro club nsw and asking if they recall any Hk 186s silver minks were stolen bout 10 years ago

could be somthing could be nothing

#9 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

MMM i would wait till the couple go out and go see the property owner and ask if i could see the car again and get the ID tag numbers and check them out. That way no one gets shot lol and you will fined out eigther way. You could call it 50-50 on hot or not.
Rember if the owner is from Sydney he would know what lengths a thief would go to to get the car so hard to call.

#10 _ooLo31_

_ooLo31_
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

if someone was to come to my door and inquire about one of my cars that can not be seen
from the street "eg" in a garage out of site i to would get angry its hidden so theives cant see it.
i used to drive home and if i thought a car was following me i would go the longest way and every
back st till it wasnt behind me any more.

#11 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

if someone was to come to my door and inquire about one of my cars that can not be seen
from the street "eg" in a garage out of site i to would get angry its hidden so theives cant see it.
i used to drive home and if i thought a car was following me i would go the longest way and every
back st till it wasnt behind me any more.

Haha, years ago I had a bloke in a Cortina following me late one night so I decided to take a few surprise corners and up the pace a bit but to no avail he was still following. Got back onto the main drag and had to stop for a red light, thought that was a big mistake ya dickhead, so the Cortina pulls up beside me at the lights and the guy holds up an illuminated sign that says 'Police Chaplain', WTF. He was a nice enough bloke but reckons he followed me and pulled me up because of the way I was driving. Well DUUUUUUURRRRR, you following me was the reason I was driving like that. Said he would have given me a ticket if he had a ticket book on him. Instead I got two Hail Marys and an Our Father LOL.

#12 hainzy

hainzy

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

hey Craig Id word the farmer up where to find the numbers and just ask him to casually pop down with a torch and have a look at the car when the people are out. That way it can be done with the minimum of fuss and seeing as he wants it gone hes already on your side. Get him to give you the numbers and you can check em... If the cars legit, then no ones the wiser.

#13 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

I think it's time to build a bridge and get over it.

#14 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

sort of lost interest when i read 'of ethnic descent'.

#15 Steve TPF

Steve TPF

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Location:Adelaide... city of... anyone know something good about it?
  • Car:UC hatch

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

I think it's time to build a bridge and get over it.

I disagree. If your car was stolen, wouldn't you want to get if back? I can't really see why they would be so defensive about a garaged car. I agree with asking the property owner if he can get the numbers. No harm in that. If it's legit, move on. If it's stolen, you can bet that somebody wants it back.

#16 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

I can't really see why they would be so defensive about a garaged car.

i know what i would do if someone came knocking on my door asking if they could just take a look at some numbers

#17 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thing is its not in their shed,its in someone else's shed, i would not put one of my cars in some one else's shed 7 hours away.

I,ve heard back from the farmer,and he has contacted the monaro club,he tried talking to the people that are keeping it in the shed,they were in his words savage toward him.

The property owner does not want to be involved,he just wants it gone.

Anyways i thought i,d talk on line for some ideas,thanks for the positive ones,and its not my problem anyway.

Hopefully i have not offended anyone with my words,tried to word it differently than the words from old mate.

#18 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

I dont think your words were anything to get upset over, but, people will cry over anything these days...

I'd do what was suggested, get old mate to have a gander and call you with the numbers, after all, it is in HIS shed.

#19 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

I dont think your words were anything to get upset over, but, people will cry over anything these days...

I'd do what was suggested, get old mate to have a gander and call you with the numbers, after all, it is in HIS shed.

yeah thanks,

Just thought people are very sensitive,so thats why i explained my choice of words.

cheers.

#20 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

have to agree with orange
Get the bloke to get the vin number off it if possible and at least you have it

Possible chance some poor bugger has had his pride and joy taken

Your concience will then be clear as "at least you tried" and not spend the rest of your life wondering

Good on you for your concern

#21 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Some things are worth not mentioning.

#22 _red roar_

_red roar_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

Some things are worth not mentioning.

the irony.

#23 Steve TPF

Steve TPF

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Location:Adelaide... city of... anyone know something good about it?
  • Car:UC hatch

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

i know what i would do if someone came knocking on my door asking if they could just take a look at some numbers

If they care so much about this car why is it in someone else' shed when the shed owner doesn't want it there? He'd be well within his rights just to push it outside and leave it in the rain. Seems a bit sus to me.

#24 _toranalover_

_toranalover_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

im of ethnic descent and didn't get offended at bath73xu1... description! but your mate probably said something else that starts with W Which pisses me off but anyway back on thread , tell the owner to unlock HIS own shed , get the numbers. get them them verified , if stolen call the police , if not push it out onto the street!

#25 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

im of ethnic descent and didn't get offended at bath73xu1... description! but your mate probably said something else that starts with W Which pisses me off but anyway back on thread , tell the owner to unlock HIS own shed , get the numbers. get them them verified , if stolen call the police , if not push it out onto the street!

That relieves me,i have many friends of different nationalities ,all i was trying to do was to paint a picture,without offending .

We are going to try and get the property owner to take a look, if it is still there,my big hat friend feels it would be on the move,but he could be wrong.I don,t understand why anyone would get angry with a farmer that wants to buy a monaro,i would think they would say its not for sale,as i have told him with my monaro,s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users