Checking offsets (another, sorry)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi can somebody tell me if these measurements will fit a flareless LH-LX? I can work a little with profiles, I just want to know generally if they fit (sorry if this question pops up a lot). According to the advert the measurements are 14x7 (85mm offset) and 14x8 (65mm offset). The ad claims you need flares, but I likes these and am always looking out for 'em.

14 x 8

14 x 7

#2 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

Ok for starter this seems to be strange. 85mm offset and 65mm offset would actually suggest backspace not offset. offset is measured from teh centreline of the wheel not the outside edge. That being the case the front rim offers approx 3.5" out from the mounting surface and teh rears offer approx 5.5" from teh mounting face.

To give you an idea. grab a ruler or tape measure take the tyre off and measure from the surface of teh disc/drum out the above measurements this will give you a general rule of whether they will fit or not. If they will come close may I suggest you try fitting them first BEFORE purchasing them.

Cheers

#3 _Eddie_

_Eddie_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

OK so in otherwords, the surface of the mag where the nuts screw in, thats where you take your reading from... and measure the distance perpendicularly (does such a word exist) from that surface. Correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users