#76 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

How big are your spacers anyway? i only ask because i don't exactly need engineering before i can drive mine due to it already being registered

#77 neglectedtorana

neglectedtorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Name:Tom
  • Car:LX Torana Sunbird

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

For everybody,

Are your TUFF mounts the same length? Or longer on steering side?
Anyone know if the orignial mounts were different lengths?

If they are meant to be different lengths I think I will end up with a spacer and I will weld it to the mount plate hoping the engineer accepts it, guess I could ask 1st

#78 _Emu_

_Emu_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

How big are your spacers anyway? i only ask because i don't exactly need engineering before i can drive mine due to it already being registered

2.5mm thick washer on each of the 4 bolts. I see no reason why it wouldn't be acceptable.

EDIT: There is also quite a bit of movement in the engine mounts where they mount to the k frame. I got this to sit at it's highest position and then tightened the bolt & nut up to hold it firm. Another mm was gained on the 4 mounting plate bolts....hold them in the highest position then tighten up before you release the engine weight onto the mounts. All this combined made a huge difference.

Edited by Emu, 25 January 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#79 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

I think that you will find that the car can not be driven without a permit even though it is registered.

It would be worth making a call before you drive the car on the road without a permit so you know for sure what the consequences could be. If you do need a permit then they can be purchased online.

http://www.transport...21100.asp#20795

If the engine number does not match the number on the registration then technically the vehicle is not registered so you could be charged with driving an unregistered vehicle. The penalty for driving an unregistered vehicle ranges from $50 to $500 plus the cost of 6 months rego. If you are pulled over and the car is deemed to be unregistered then you will not be able to drive it any further which could mean leaving it on the side of the road for the vultures to pick over.

I think you will also find that if the engine number does not match the number on the registration then the registration third party insurance is not valid. If you are unlucky enough to be in a accident then you will be responsible for third party medial bills regardless of whose fault it is.

Edited by ls2lxhatch, 26 January 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#80 Uncle Chop Chop

Uncle Chop Chop

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Name:John

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

If you have a reciept showing work done for an engine swap with the old and new numbers on the invoice, there should be no problem. At least that was the case when I neede a swap done faster than I could do it.

#81 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thread dig

Anyone else had any luck with the clearance running Tuff Mounts & Moroso 20140 without adding a spacer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users