#1 Bernie

Bernie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Car:2 lx Hatches and 3 lx 4 doors

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Can someone here on the forum help with these chassis and engine numbers ? Both are supposedly late 77 model 4doors .CLX057628M / HT74415 and CLX 055123M /HT73525 I am looking for engine numbers matching if possible .

Thanks
Bernie

#2 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Both LX body numbers with HT prefix 308s. But you have no way to tell if those engines belong with those bodies unless you contact Holden Customer Service and see if they have record of the details.

#3 Swarbs

Swarbs

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:LX 5000

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Put the VIN numbers up Bernie
Pretty sure someone like Yel 327 or Dr Terry may be able to help

#4 V-SLR5000-P

V-SLR5000-P

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car:L34 x 2
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

The engine numbers and chassis numbers line up OK. They are both A9Xs and should appear on the production list in the Holden Torana Performance Handbook.

Edited by V-SLR5000-P, 05 November 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#5 Bernie

Bernie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Ok thanks for your help .shall get the handbook .
Bernie

#6 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

two very select numbers there ,do u own these cars or are u looking at buying them .Always interesting to hear of A9X,s stories ..........

#7 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

The engine numbers and chassis numbers line up OK. They are both A9Xs and should appear on the production list in the Holden Torana Performance Handbook.

I'd be interested to know where you read that in the Torana performance handbook as it doesn't list Chassis and engine numbers.
As it turns out, they are both A9X's a flamenco red sedan and an ultra blue sedan but if they are for sale and you would like to know more before buying let me know.

#8 V-SLR5000-P

V-SLR5000-P

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Car:L34 x 2
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

I'd be interested to know where you read that in the Torana performance handbook as it doesn't list Chassis and engine numbers.

Red, I didn't read it in the hanbook, simply said they are both A9Xs and should appear on the list. You would know better than l, but records l have kept indicate A9X chassis numbers start from around CLXO542##M engine HT729## Sept 1977 running to CLXO589##M engine HT750## Dec 1977. I acknowledge that l don't know anywhere near as much as you on matters A9X related and l recommended in a PM to Bernie that he contact you for varification. I still think that the chassis and engine numbers line up, but stand to be corrected if you don't agree.

#9 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Red, I didn't read it in the hanbook, simply said they are both A9Xs and should appear on the list. You would know better than l, but records l have kept indicate A9X chassis numbers start from around CLXO542##M engine HT729## Sept 1977 running to CLXO589##M engine HT750## Dec 1977. I acknowledge that l don't know anywhere near as much as you on matters A9X related and l recommended in a PM to Bernie that he contact you for varification. I still think that the chassis and engine numbers line up, but stand to be corrected if you don't agree.

Ok I misread what you said, I thought you were saying those numbers were in the handbook. Still though, even if the chassis and engine numbers are in that zone, it doesn't mean they match, and the red car had a QT block 15 years ago and now it has the right engine number? I find that really hard to believe since the original block was stuffed.

#10 Bernie

Bernie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yep atm The red one is mine and the blue one is close by .
Bernie

#11 _rollo_

_rollo_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:06 PM

Can someone here on the forum help with these chassis and engine numbers ? Both are supposedly late 77 model 4doors .CLX057628M / HT74415 and CLX 055123M /HT73525 I am looking for engine numbers matching if possible .

Thanks
Bernie

i dont understand why u would be asking questions to see what the cars are ,when one of them is owned by you and you know its a a A9X .Not being a smart arse just trying to work out what and why your asking about a car that u know what it is ?

#12 a9x868

a9x868

maurice mead of hatchbacks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • Name:facebook dave
  • Car:valencia holden torana a9x hatch ultimate improvement on the barbados L34

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

time is well over to be carefull what you post i think?
as a statement has been made that could have ramifications
that may well be costly to someone in the future
i suggest a p.m. may have been more appropriate at this time
and then see where it goes from there!
only my opinion by the way!
cheers
davemc

#13 Bernie

Bernie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Rollo /Dave
Reason I asked the question with little info about them was I was hoping that there may be some info out there history wise for my car.As the forum would know there are a lot of vehicles out there that aren't what they are supposed to be .I paid good money for it but I have minimal info on the car (red one). Was confident of them being scrutinized and commented about .Which I welcome because this is what i believe this forum is about .As far as it being costly for someone ,I am missing something here as I haven't given my address out other than the base of the hills which is a 60 km stretch . However, I do feel more concerned about people I know that are aware of it rather than a forum . Happy to accept your opinion ,It still is a free world at the moment but they are working on that .
Cheers

Bernie

#14 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

........the red car had a QT block 15 years ago and now it has the right engine number? I find that really hard to believe since the original block was stuffed.

Bernie, I think this is the quote that Dave is concerned about.
Red/Mick is a recognised A9X expert and has details of almost all cars known hehehe

Is the eng number posted the one currently on the block in the car?

Grant..

#15 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I have PM'd Bernie all the details on this car.

#16 unclefestal34s

unclefestal34s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Rollo /Dave
Reason I asked the question with little info about them was I was hoping that there may be some info out there history wise for my car.As the forum would know there are a lot of vehicles out there that aren't what they are supposed to be .I paid good money for it but I have minimal info on the car (red one). Was confident of them being scrutinized and commented about .Which I welcome because this is what i believe this forum is about .As far as it being costly for someone ,I am missing something here as I haven't given my address out other than the base of the hills which is a 60 km stretch . However, I do feel more concerned about people I know that are aware of it rather than a forum . Happy to accept your opinion ,It still is a free world at the moment but they are working on that .
Cheers

Bernie

hi bernie

your damn right its a free world but you've left yourself wide mate by posting chassis numbers and eng numbers on a public forum...especially when it involves these high end torana's your discussing...
unfortunately a lot off crimimal minded scums scour the internet looking for opportunity's to cash in on these car's and by posting numbers publicity they get something to work with..,(how many times have heard off the same engine number running around in different states of australia a number of times)..don't take it personally just a bit of simple advice..
i get phone calls no where as frequent these days about L34s and A9X's with people trying match up or filling in the missing numbers that don't stack up,..and generally find a car being manufactured out of series of numbers that don't stack up and some poor bugger has been rorted cause a deal sounds right and cheap enough...you generally find the same people have contacted myself or michael (reda9x) or some source who might leaked them info in the right direction for all the wrong reason's..i have no bussiness to educate the public especially when they don't own these sort of cars..if somebody is recommend to me by a reilable honest it's much to help steer in the right direction if possible..far too many times you here these hard luck stories about car's missing id tags or engine's and suddenly the same car you cite 15-20 years ago is a matching numbers car..

Unfortunately the public out there know's far too much and more than what it needs to no about other people's car'and bussiness sometimes for all the wrong reason's..

#17 Bernie

Bernie

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Not taken personally .Red has helped me with the info I was hoping to find .Thanks Red .I am slowly working through it .
Bernie

Edited by Bernie, 30 November 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#18 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

No problem at all, happy to help.

#19 Luke Hamlyn

Luke Hamlyn

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Name:Mr FunR8cer
  • Car:LX Torana Hatchback 1976

Posted 15 January 2024 - 07:17 AM

I recently picked up a 308 engine number HT56592 bloke I purchased it from said there’s some contention it could possibly be a A9X engine. Is there any way to confirm this ?

#20 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 15 January 2024 - 07:43 AM

It's a 5.0L (L31) Torana engine if the stamps are original. It is too early to be from an A9X but those are still just 5.0L L31 Torana engines. It will be worth good money to the owner of the original car if it's still around. I might even be able to find the car for you eventually, but it might take a few months.

#21 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 15 January 2024 - 08:26 AM

I recently picked up a 308 engine number HT56592 bloke I purchased it from said there’s some contention it could possibly be a A9X engine. Is there any way to confirm this ?

What is the cast date out of curiosity? 

#22 Shiney005

Shiney005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,039 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:54 PM

Around December '75 I'd reckon.