GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Seems he has signed with Teckno for our series plus running in NZ this year... His car will be in V.I.P petfoods livery this year... glad to see they are backing Holdens again.

#2 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Backwards move if ever I've heard one. Techno woun't be around at the end of this year the old man is sick of blowing his money.

#3 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Who?

#4 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

what?....so he's a part time racer for a 2nd tier team these days then?

#5 ReplicarSLR

ReplicarSLR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Car:Not anymore unfortunately

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Think the other drivers will make it just that extra tough for him considering he said he was walking away and they specially signed his bonnet before the the last race in Sydney etc !!!!!

#6 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

He has his own money too Red... I believe he has done quite well out of birthdays, and Tony Quinn is a smart business man, that's why he has changed teams.. The Quinns have deep pockets and their own racetrack in NZ opens shortly. https://www.facebook...ortPark?fref=ts

#7 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

He has his own money too Red... I believe he has done quite well out of birthdays, and Tony Quinn is a smart business man, that's why he has changed teams.. The Quinns have deep pockets and their own racetrack in NZ opens shortly. https://www.facebook...ortPark?fref=ts

I'm talking about Webbs old man. From what I hear they are spending money hand over fist and the old man is sick of funding it. Lets not forget this kid didn't even rise up through the ranks of karting and FF like most of them, his old man bought him a Porsche and let him go for it.

#8 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

You answered a couple of questions I've been wondering about a while there Red. Ta.

Edited by oz772, 24 January 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#9 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

SBR not happy and looking at legal action, SVG was not to drive a V8 supercar in 2013 but from 2014 was free to do what he wished team wise.

#10 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

SBR not happy and looking at legal action, SVG was not to drive a V8 supercar in 2013 but from 2014 was free to do what he wished team wise.

I'm not surprised they are not happy, Kiwis should not shaft other kiwis! Has it ever come out why he left SBR? I mean he always seemed happy with them................

#11 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye thats for sure.
From what I've been told SVG signed on under the understanding SBR would continue and continue to run Fords.
It wasn't until after they resigned him SBR annouced the Merc deal, and then later they were selling out.
Perhaps SVG was unhappy about that and it caused some tension.
I don't believe SVG intended on coming back to V8's this year, I believe his intent was to stay in NZ, however he was lured by some big dollars by Tony Quinn. People are saying someone paid a lot of money to pay out SVG's contract to release him, but if that was the case SBR woud not be seaking legal advice.
My understanding is the deal SVG had with SBR would be void since there has been a restructure and sale of the team.

#12 _oz772_

_oz772_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye thats for sure.
From what I've been told SVG signed on under the understanding SBR would continue and continue to run Fords.
It wasn't until after they resigned him SBR annouced the Merc deal, and then later they were selling out.
Perhaps SVG was unhappy about that and it caused some tension.
I don't believe SVG intended on coming back to V8's this year, I believe his intent was to stay in NZ, however he was lured by some big dollars by Tony Quinn. People are saying someone paid a lot of money to pay out SVG's contract to release him, but if that was the case SBR woud not be seaking legal advice.
My understanding is the deal SVG had with SBR would be void since there has been a restructure and sale of the team.

Wasn't there discussion a while back that Lee Holdsworth was looking at getting away from the new Erebus team as well? (I'm pretty sure Slade was the only one who was committed due to the owner of the licence of his entry). I suspect Lee has had some differing legal advice from SVG and gritted his teeth and stayed.

Edited by oz772, 05 February 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#13 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I just hope it works out for SVG. he might be a ford fan but at the moment he seems to be NZ's best hope of wining big in OZ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users