• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 _Red Dragon_

_Red Dragon_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
GOOD S H I T ;)
I found myself relating to the end of his race (first one) all too surreal.

A Short Snippet:-

The Fast and the Furious: Toyko Drift is the latest instalment of the adrenaline-inducing series built on speed. Set in the sexy and colourful underground world of Japanese drift racing, the newest and fastest customised rides go head-to-head on some of the most perilous courses in the world.

Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hotheaded underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff estranged father, a career military man stationed in Tokyo.

Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honour. But it doesn�t take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie (Bow Wow) introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. Sean�s simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning automotive art form � with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks.

On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on DK, the �drift king�, a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine, Yakuza. Sean�s loss comes at a high price tag when he�s forced to work off the debt under the thumb of ex-pat, Han (Sung Kang). Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for DK�s girlfriend, Neela (Nathalie Kelley), an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with an ultimate high stakes face-off.

#2 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:46 PM

Watched it this morning yes you boy's will love it :rockon:
Plenty of ricers in it and the last part of the movie has a loverly Mustang with a nissan motor in it a RB26DETT.
I thought the best part was at the start when Sean Boswell was draging a ricer with his V8 car the only part of the movie where there was the sound of a v8.

Each to there own i guess but this drifting and ricers thing did nothing for me but there is some good driving in the film

Here is a pic of the mustang with a nissan motor in it lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 _Red Dragon_

_Red Dragon_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:04 PM

Dragging a ricer at the start, you lost me.
Not the Viper??
For drifting I can't wait to try it out, hopefully by the time September rocks around.

#4 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

All of the fast and the furious movies are based on cops...

[Edit] Is it packed with wank crap that would never actully happen?

Edited by Liam.W, 18 June 2006 - 06:43 PM.

#5 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

Great movie saw it on Friday, also loved it when every one was leaving the car park afer the movie...lots of wheelspin especially from my mate in his datto 1200 ute hehe.

#6 _pallbag_

_pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

Are you saying movies are not real ?

#7 Gump

Gump

Paisty White

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Name:Russell
  • Car:LX SL hatch

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:54 PM

yeah saw it last night really enjoyed it fair amount of eye candy and nice driving even if it is out there crap

#8 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,075 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

One of my favourite movie scenes ever is in The Dukes of Hazzard, where he is drifting the Charger around the Roundabout.

I'm going to see F&F3 this weekend hopefully

RIM

#9 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:37 PM

True, they are real
Just not the things they do in them :tease:

#10 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:00 AM

my 2nd cousin s mate helped out the build in that mustang and my 2nd cousin is a camaro man how untraditional sticking sushi in american muscle even though i personally think mustangs are shit you can spend thousands on a 6 to get it going decent yet with a v8 with a shorter bill and more power

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:24 AM

sticking sushi in american muscle

HAHAHA CLASSIC!!!!!!

#12 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:10 AM

Yes it was a funny bit of fiction, very entertaining with lots lof action, I liked it. Star Wars was better though. And "Cars" was probably more realistic.
I saw it last night. I also saw the behaviour from the youth leaving the carpark.
I wonder how many ricers are going to kill themselves trying to immitate this movie... monkey see, monkey do.

The movie at the end, with the credits, threw up a warning written like a convoluted legal letter about how the stunts and depictions are not to be attempted as they are only fantasy. 50% of the audience would have understood it. 5% would have read some of it. 1% would have read all of it if they had enough time as it wasn't up long enough.

They should have wrote: "The driving stunts in this movie are not real, they are bullshit, if you try them you will die or kill your passenger or someone else."

And no, I'm not being an old fuddy duddy, but this shit should only be attempted on a race track. It's far more dangerous than just racing, believe me, I've done my fair share of 180's & 360's.

#13 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

Damn. Well at least Santa Claus is still real. Yella grasps firmly his childhood beliefs.

#14 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

Lots of the ricer mobiles around here are still showing the scars from the last Fast & Furious movie.

#15 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:04 PM

On saturday night my Brother attended a cruise to a sydney drive in that was organised by a 4 banger magazine to watch this movie... Sunday morning around 3Am i drove past a 200SX wrapped around a telegraph pole on the hume highway liverpool.

Driver dead, passeneger fighting for life. Green P plates found adjacent near written off car ( saw it on the news on sunday night).

I couldnt help but wonder if this guy had been to the movies that night in the same group as my brother.

#16 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

Yeah... Sounds like a shame Tiny, refer to TORANA AMORE's post, that has a good point

#17 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

I just saw it, and that is the camering of it was absoulte pathetic, and it was just so, so, so bad, it was the worst movie ive seen in ages, sorry to say... The end of it is a rip off were he challengs the Charger and then the movie ends when the line up....
VERY BAD!

#18 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

i wont even bother going to that ricer crap bugger that.

#19 _70rey_

_70rey_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:58 PM

saw it yesterday... was worth seeing.

#20 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

Never mind all the ricer cars, just looks like a crap movie full stop. Bad script, no plot, full of the wank factor, crap acting etc. etc. etc. I'll save my money for when something worthwhile comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users