Middle id plate flogged

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just warning other WA slr owners know out there to be carefull about ya tags I just had my middle id plate flogged from my slr 5000 must of caught them in the act as I came home from a huge night and I noticed my shed light on then when I went to investigate I heard a car door slam and take off from the vacant block next door .. When I checked my car the middle plate was missing ( pricks even scratched my paint ) there was a lift on my main I'd plate must of come home at the right time and scared how ever the low life was ... So just warning anyone in the southwest to take care of ya torry

#2 torana_nick

torana_nick

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Name:Nick
  • Car:LH Torana Project

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Unbelievable.. Hate to hear that something like that to happen mate but there is some pretty efed up people out there..
What's the GO with taking the middle Id plate? Replicate your car or something I am sure they won't get to far with it.. More like a trophy?

#3 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Since it is a unique number, maybe post it up here which will make it some what useless to the thieves.

Report it to the police and maybe motor reg.

You never know it may turn up one day and therefore they know where to return it.

Have you talked with the neighbours? They may have seen something.

#4 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Just wondering, is it legal to attach a set of engraved replicas with all of the correct details?

Would be a great way to stop this sort of thing. Have the originals locked away somewhere else..

I have seen this done on some cars before, just wondering if it's legal or not.

cheers

Mick

#5 sibhs

sibhs

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Martin
  • Car:LJ Coupe S

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Just wondering, is it legal to attach a set of engraved replicas with all of the correct details?

Would be a great way to stop this sort of thing. Have the originals locked away somewhere else..

I have seen this done on some cars before, just wondering if it's legal or not.

cheers

Mick

A member in my club has done this and says it's legal.

#6 Collo

Collo

( . Y . )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 114,647 posts
  • Car:A Black POS

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hey Mick,

I remember a dark green-ish L34 (so the owner and tags said) with engraved tags at that club at Tomago a few years ago when they used to have the car shows there. You may have seen it as I was there with you guys.

Don't think I've seen it around in a fair while though.

#7 _Big Rob_

_Big Rob_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

The tags from all my Toranas are locked away in the safe. I'll deal with the illegallities when and if they arise, but I've heard way too many stories about people dropping cars at a repairer or mechanic and when they pick it up the tags are gone. On my blown LH I've used the holes under the tags to mount the bonnet pins, so as to not have to drill extra holes (4 x pins, lift off bonnet) in the plennum. If I want to put a bonnet with hinges back on, I can remove the pins, re-fit the tags (or copies) and all is well. 

The scumbags that stole your tag can't use it as long as your car remains registered, so they just wasted their time and stuffed up your car. :shoot: Pricks should be taken for a long ride and deal with accordingly. :banghead:

#8 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

The tag is useless to them and if they come back to get the others they will be welcomed by my new best mate . Just bought a cane corso x mastif car alarm that'll upset there next adventure into my back yard ... Just an inconvienance .. Espesh if I try and sell my baby later on down the track ( yeah right never selling it )

#9 _Yella-5000_

_Yella-5000_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Put an ad on Ebay and see who responds!!!!

#10 _Yella-5000_

_Yella-5000_
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Only problem with that ^ is that you might be offered more than just your middle tag.  There are probably a few out there.

#11 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Great idea .. This issue is way to common these days ..

#12 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Check your PM for a solution sent to you three days ago...

#13 _slr355_

_slr355_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Sorry Craig buisy man not always on here .. Thanks for the info

#14 73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

73SUNBURSTEXYOUWON

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Name:JASO
  • Car:4/73 LJ XU-1. Adelaide build, Sunburst. 1963 EH Premier. Brisbane build, Portsea Blue.
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

Hi guys, sorry 2 hear of the nicked tag. I know there is nothin like hav'n all ur originals. Is there any1 that can legitimatly repro lost, stolen or damaged tags as they were originaly. I mean for those that can verify that their vehicles are genuine.

#15 liswar2

liswar2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts
  • Name:Wazza
  • Car:BMW K1200 RS , orange lc coupe

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Thieving Bastar## , lucky you got home when you did , or you may have been down all 3..

I have seen a few Torana,s around with engraved plates , not sure on the legal side as i went to register on once, and the ADR plate was a engraved one, which the transport guys said i had to take off before it could be registered in Perth, a couple of years ago.They kept it.

Yes i have been known to keep the originals safe and sound , and have engraved ones on the car when she is out and unattended.

Yep keep a eye out  on the Ebay and you or some on here may spoy them.

good luck liswar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users