lj brake pads

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _cannibal_

_cannibal_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

bought a lj 2dr about a month ago and am slowly in the process of ensuring its going to go and stop properly and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what type of brake pads to use for the front and rear ( disc front ).

I believe all calipers and everything else is as standard and i dont plan to upgrade anything but the disc rotors.

The car is running a blue 202 with the variojet carbie.

I am looking for a more sport type pad as i do tend to drive it hard and dont want the brakes to fail on me.

Any advice is appreciated.

#2 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:43 AM

Dattoman is much more qualified to speak on this than me, but i am running Ferrodo XLs which is what dattoman recommended to me. I am quite happy with the pad. No where near as much dust as the Bendix Performix that i had previously (which are also no longer avalible for the LC/Js anyways).

I do go to Winton Fun Days and give the brakes a work out there and best i can tell i get almost no brake fad when i do a few laps.

I'm running XU-1 slotted rotars on the front and stock drums on the back.

Steve

#3 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,000 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

Dattoman is much more qualified to speak on this than me, but i am running Ferrodo XLs which is what dattoman recommended to me. I am quite happy with the pad. No where near as much dust as the Bendix Performix that i had previously (which are also no longer avalible for the LC/Js anyways).

I do go to Winton Fun Days and give the brakes a work out there and best i can tell i get almost no brake fad when i do a few laps.

I'm running XU-1 slotted rotars on the front and stock drums on the back.

Steve

Hmmmm, slotted XU1 rotors and trick pads? I better make boy's car faster in a straight line then. :<_<:

#4 _cannibal_

_cannibal_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:01 AM

cheers for the info. :clap:

i plan to pick up some of the ferodo xl's in the next couple of weeks and give them a run.

any idea on what is best as far as brake fluid?

#5 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

just a quick Q steve, what are those pads retailing for? i'm in the market for some new ones very soon aswell. thanks

#6 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

cannibal, any dot 3 or dot 4 brake fluid should be fine. Dattoman might have a favorite however (You out there somewhere dattoman? Please come and correct my mistakes if i have made any. I want to learn. :spoton: )

Been a while Lexa, but i think the Pad were around $50. (I think thats a pair) Its a lot better than the Bendix Performix pads... they were pushing $90.

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 23 June 2006 - 12:44 PM.

#7 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,472 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

Nothing to correct mate
You guys are getting most of the answers right nowdays
Saves me heaps of typing

For brake fluid buy anything with a higher boiling point than 280C thats not silicone
All much of a muchness nowdays.
I sell alot of Nulon lately

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hey Neil, Aint it great when the kids listen??
Well done boys! :spoton: Spot on good advice to a newbie!! Well done!!
R

#9 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Good to hear I am getting things right brake wise. :rolleyes: :D

I found the box for my pads while cleaning up the garage yesterday (And my parents get cranky cause i tend to hold onto things... but then dad does it too. :tease: ) Pads are Ferodo Excel, part number on the box is DB625XL. Just double check when you order them they are for the LC/J.

The box looks big enough for four pads so that might be ~$50 for the whole set Lexa. :spoton:

Steve

#10 _cannibal_

_cannibal_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:04 AM

Thanks for all the advice and help. It is really appreciated.
I have found the feredo xl's at my local car parts shop and they are a reasonable price so im gonna grab and install.

Once again thanks for all the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users