Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

Well what a day yesterday arvo at the department of Transport.

Whent down to get trailer regersted and was told sorry you cant rego that.

When i asked why, The wanker at the transport department said each axle has to be able to carrie 120% of the total GVM so 120% of 2000 KGS.

And that the tyres and rims didn't meet this as they are off a VY commodore and the load rating of the tyres is only 690 kg each.

I said to the wanker there that i had spoken to their engineer and he had said that they where fine as all 4 tyres and rims made 2760kgs and the springs made 2000 kgs and the axles made 2800 kgs. I also had a road worthy done on the trailer to make sure everything was done correctly before i took it down for rego.

The wanker at the transport department said that the engineer was wrong and he and the bloke who did the road worthy needed their arses kicked.

According to the wanker at the transport department it was in the new NCOP that the info was in.

I argued for about 15-20 min and gave up in discusted as he was not going to do the rego on the trailer.

I took the trailer home and went and spoke to the trailer part shop i got all the parts from and they said he was a wanker and didn't know their own rules.

They put me onto a trailer place near by that built car trailers the same way i have built mine and said to go see them.

When i arrived i found out it was 2 blokes i went to school with many years ago that run it, I spoke to them about the situation and they confirmed that the bloke at the transport department was a wanker and didn't know the rules and regs.

Long story short they are inspecting the trailer this arvo and are going to do the paperwork for the rego for me.

When i was there they pointed out to me about the brakes i have. They told me the brakeing capasity of a 45mm sq axle with ford bearings and over ride or electric was only 1600 kgs. so the rules at the transport department argue with themself as they say its 2000 kgs.

If they can't get the rules right on a simple thing like a car trailer how the hell can they get them right on a car.

Not only that but the new NCOP was supose to bring all states into alinment but they don't. As what is ok in QLD my not be in NSW or any other state. as they all have their own admendments.. WTF

#27 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

If you bring a trailer (or van etc) with breakaway unit into NSW you will get defected if you don't have a monitoring device in the vehicle for the breakaway unit's power supply being healthy. So much for uniformity!

#28 GML-31

GML-31

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

when i took mine down a few years back all they did was check my safety and measure it... although I made sure i had new light truck tyres fitted but mine doesnt even have springs

#29 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

If you bring a trailer (or van etc) with breakaway unit into NSW you will get defected if you don't have a monitoring device in the vehicle for the breakaway unit's power supply being healthy. So much for uniformity!

I'm not running a brake away system as it is for 2000 kgs and less. If i go over 2000 kgs i will need it. so i'm right on the max limit.

when i took mine down a few years back all they did was check my safety and measure it... although I made sure i had new light truck tyres fitted but mine doesnt even have springs

You don't need light truck tyres as long as the total weight of all 4 tyres goes beond the max load capisty of the trailer. So in my case its 2000 kgs and the tyres are rated to 690 kgs each so i have a total of 2760 kgs for the wheels.

#30 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Spent 40 min on the phone waiting to talk to the enineer this morning and he has reconfimed what he said to me last week before i bought the wheels.

He has informed me tho that what the wanker at the transport department is going on about refurs to hevy trailers not light trailers.

Mine is a light trailer so it has nothing to do with it.

Just more prof these wankers at the transport department don't have a dam clue.

#31 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

thats just bs, it would be extremly fustrating when you have done everythig by the book thats need to be done and then get a person at dot who clearly has no idea, i think we have all had them at one point or another

#32 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Haha have rego and the wanker at the dot job is on the line haha

#33 yel327

yel327

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,114 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm not running a brake away system as it is for 2000 kgs and less. If i go over 2000 kgs i will need it. so i'm right on the max limit.

I got that, just pointing out another State to State difference.

#34 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

I got that, just pointing out another State to State difference.

no problem. It's just stupid all this shit about we want a ncop and they still change it so they can get u from state to state. WTF

#35 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Did you rub it in the WANKERS nose that it passed inspection.

#36 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yep sure did lol

#37 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

All ready for Sunday at lakeside. Towed well even tho there is only 35-40 mm clearance on the wheels to grads they didn't touch. Might make up some bump stops just incase. Will also make some skid rails for the rear so the c section that holds the lights doesn't hot the ground when going up any steep inclines.
http://db.tt/RNRQoEMs
http://db.tt/M2TXaraU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users