new p plater laws

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:45 PM

i keep hearing all different things about new p plater laws coming into effect in Victoria. just wondering if anyone has solid information in regard to the changes (ie. restrictions) and who will the laws effect? like if you already have your P's will u be exempt from the changes? or is it effecting people born '87 onward? thanks guys.

#2 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

Oh god, then we could be like NSW, they're better not be, I just think they should make 120 hours practise compulsary on your L plates

#3 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:55 PM

120 compulsory hours would be VERY difficult to enforce

#4 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

yeah... and no one would abide by them anyway

#5 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:18 PM

anyway, i think i have found an answer that the laws take effect as of july 2007 (i'm 18 october 2006....oh right) but if this is wrong pelase let me know. still interested to wat the new laws are if anyone can shed some light on the subject tho

#6 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:20 PM

yeah i want to know more about these laws as well, im hoping they dont effect me, i dont want an extra year on my P's i am 20 now, so i hope i still lose my P's at 21! if not wats the point of Turning 21 now!!!

#7 _age_

_age_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

read an article in paper on monday or tuesday.
basically said that after the 1st of july 2006 the new laws would take place, those being that if u are caught speeding or wreckless driving the police have the power 2 take ur car for 48hrs, on a 2nd offence 3months, and last and worst news they have the power after ur 3rd offence to take your car off you and you cant do jack sh*t about it.
the article talked about how a family's car could get taken from kids or average drivers driving the car in the wrong.
to me its a just fu*en rude that they will have the power to do this.

adrian

#8 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

if its a law that p platers can only driv 4cyls then il tell em personally to go get ** ^_^ :P :tease:

#9 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

if its a law that p platers can only driv 4cyls then il tell em personally to go get ** ^_^ :P :tease:

Worked Starfire here-we-come! w00t ROFLMAO

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:42 AM

hahahah brilliant

NSW Laws here we come. I am NOT kidding you.
Attention fellow Victorian car enthusiasts, prepare to be #@$^%& over by the Government once again.

After 1st July 2008 (Yes, I miss out on not getting #@$^%& over by exactly one month), Victorian P platers will have their plates for Four years, not Three.

No engines with eight or more pistons. Period
No Turbo/Super-charged vehicles - excluding some low powered Diesels
No towing in the first year

You can drive a 250ci Cortina, but not a 253ci HX Caprice (phwah that's a quick one!)

I don't care really. Now i've got an extra year to build a performance car. The towing thing pisses me off real bad though.

#11 _shane__31_

_shane__31_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:34 AM

the law has only com ont o the ppl who r going gp get ther l's from now on it will not apply for the ppl that have there l's or p'sdont know day could be date as adrian stated

#12 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:47 AM

Im no idea on the reg, but from reading the ^, if any of its true...........bring it on!
You young guys will be old soon enough........the regs being insurance that you get there.

#13 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:53 AM

Anyone know about any changes to SA Laws? I'd be proper pissed off if I'm not allowed to get my L's for another year or somethin...

RIM

#14 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

Devilsadvocate... You just dont like young drivers do you? How would you feel if you were told you werent allowed to get you licence for another year when you were 16?

Or were you just never young...

RIM

#15 _age_

_age_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:59 AM

yer its all a crock of sh*t
we need to do something about it

#16 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:08 AM

Torana burnout session around parliment house? Thatd get their attention.

RIM

#17 _EvilGTR_

_EvilGTR_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:35 AM

More of a concern would be the potential misuse of the impounding rules that allow police to take your vehicle - or the damage caused in the process. I am aware of one vehicle a few years back that was impounded/ confiscated... am reliably told that it was left in the lot all weekend with the windows down... Whilst the driver was doing something silly and deserved something, am not sure about deserving that (even if it was a Ford :D ).

EvilGTR

#18 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:47 AM

WHAT THE HELL! This is becomming bloody stupid.... Now I gotta put up with this shit when I get my car.... Seriously, why do they keep brining this crap in. it's un-needed!

#19 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

looks like it might be a Hot Six instead of a 253 for your LH eh Liam?

RIM

#20 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:14 PM

Im no idea on the reg, but from reading the ^, if any of its true...........bring it on!
You young guys will be old soon enough........the regs being insurance that you get there.

Woah, woah. I know you have a thing for all youngsters driving responsibly and getting years of experience before trying anything.

But what the fukk is not allowing P platers to tow a trailer for the first year going to achieve. Especially when they are allowed to in a Work Situation?

This system is bullshit. It doesn't bother me because I don't have a V8, but it's just stupid because it doesn't make sense

190kW in a 1.7 tonne BA Falcon, BRING IT ON.
Hotted up 150ci 6cyl in a Cortina, bguck YEAH
Do you understand what I'm getting at? ^ those two cars are bloody quick

What is eliminating V8s from the list gonna do? Maybe lower the noise a little bit. You think I can't thrash the shit out of a hot six in a Torrie?

Mock-up XU-1 with triple webers, wild cam, stroked, yt head, everything else done... they can't stop me.

Don't start thinking that these laws are restrictive. Necessity (for an overpowered car owned by a young person such as myself) is the mother of invention. You can easily have a car worked off its tits that you will not get booked for.

Just don't get caught doing burnouts or as Andrew said, you WILL get it impounded. And if it happens three times, no car for you.

In My Opinion all this is creating, is a new street racing scene. Where as instead of having your blokes with worked V8s, then you fooli sick VLTs etc, you know that every hot car is a hot six. So if you see people with P plates, you can have an N/A Hot six drag session :P

...and yes, this post is jokingly directed at those who hang shit on young drivers constantly.

#21 _Red Dragon_

_Red Dragon_
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:45 PM

just wondering if you do burnouts in your driveway, can the police touch you??

#22 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

Only if it is too loud, AFAIK. Or with excessive smoke or somethin...

...and yes, this post is jokingly directed at those who hang shit on young drivers constantly.

coughdevilscoughadvocatecough.

And its a 250ci Cortina, Heath, and i agree with every point made there

RIM

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

whoops, yes, sorry. I spelt that correctly on the last page i think :P

If they wanna stop performance cars owned by P platers, BAN WEBERS hahahahahahahh (...I wasn't actually serious, i love Webers)

#24 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 24 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

looks like it might be a Hot Six instead of a 253 for your LH eh Liam?

RIM

If I ever get the oppertunity to punch the government, I woudn't pass it up, and it looks like i'll just build it as an 8 now, and then sell it and me and dad can split...

#25 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:41 PM

So 253 are really worthless pieces of shit now, they were only good to be a P Plate legal car! Now they are useless!

Anyway, i want to know more about these laws, Will i be affected on my P's?

I really feel sorry for you younger guys, and i will do my bit when it comes to election time for you, but the more our young voices never get heard, just the sound of the Ambulances pulling dead hoons out of their cars after a drag race, and not being racist, but the majority of the time its ethnics that are in this situation, Go to dandenong or out west and u see these idiots everywhere!!!

Cant help it just have to live with it....

Heath go build yourself a Hot Six! it will beat most V8's anyway in the right car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users