heater box

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:59 PM

hey guys iv been hunting for a heater box for a while now but i cant even find anything to even hava alook at. iv seen thsi one on ebay that none of you guys hav put a bid on..
http://cgi.ebay.com....bayphotohosting
im in perth but thats not a problem. so is this one ok do yous rekon??

#2 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:09 PM

I just had a look at it on e-bay....I'm no expert but what I would be asking the seller are the following questions...
1. What condition is the heater core in are there any leaks etc

2. Does the fan motor work and does the fan still spin on the spindle. From my experience they are a bastard of a thing to remove from the shaft .

3. What condition is the botton metal tray in?? Is there any rust?

4. The pic isn't real flash so I cant tell what shape the casing is in but ask away.

5. The starting price is a bit steep for what it looks like.

Hope Iv'e beenm of some help.

scooter :spoton:

#3 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

it's also missing a cover.
if you decide to buy it i've got a spare heater core if it's stuffed
i've also got a spare bottom tray and fan
a good one usually fetches around the $150 mark so keep this in mind

:spoton: tom

#4 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

hey fellas, thanx for that scooter ill hit him up. cheers tom i could be buying some stuff from you then. whats the go with the cover thats missing? is that easily replaced? it looks like the top part of the housing has warped too. i wish i could see it properly. i know theyr worth alot so im not sad about paying good money for one i just dont wanna pay for something thats no good to me.. same as everyone else i guess.

#5 _munro_

_munro_
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:38 AM

it's proberbly not clipped together
the top cover is fiberglass the botom is metal and the cover that's missing is the one for the fan
at a guess is about 15cm wide 20cm long and 2" deep curved one end and open the other.
some more usless info for you :rolleyes:
but i hope it helps tom

#6 _troy_

_troy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:00 PM

The 12 volt shop in welshpool sells mini hairdryers that you hook up to 2 relays direct from the battery ,Jam them in where the ducting goes near the firewall with some silicone and bobs your uncle i made it oveer the pits here in W.A ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users