40 replies to this topic

#1 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

I just drove into Shannons to check out an A9X for them and when I came out to my car, some arsehole had driven into it and left the scene. I hope the prick catches VD and dies a painful death. It shits me that some wanker can come along and cost you upwards of a grand and just leave. here is the damage

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 _TUFF_

_TUFF_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

People like that give me the irits! Looks like the sort of damage a tray on a ute would do.

TUFF

#3 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:17 PM

maybe a bull bar, tray on a tonner or back of a truck, not sure, but from what i see, they hit from the front scraped back and then, realised and drove back out, so they knew they did it.

#4 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

Thats just how things are :(

Ironic that it happened at shannons :P

#5 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

:furious: That's a prick of a thing for someone to do. No consolation for sure but has happen to me twice over the years. Some folk have no morals.

#6 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:22 PM

yes, I thought that, especially since I had gone in as a favour...oh well, what can you do, I have to start saving I guess as it's not worth claiming

#7 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

That certainly is a low act....but there are some good fellas out there...my daughter had her car run into a few weeks ago. She had it parked in an isolated street and upon returning found her front lights smashed and bonnet dented..Under the wiper blade was a note from a local auto electrician admitting his guilt and leaving his contact number.

Long story short the damage amounted to $1,300.00 and it was all taken care off. I rang the guy and thanked him for his honesty and put a peice in the local community paper about him. So it's great to know that there are honest peoples out there.

#8 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

so what was the red a9x like?????

#9 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

REDA9X i know how you feel last saturday i came out from indoor cricket to find my front passenger door on my vrx dented with a big scrap along it but what can you do no one seen them so just have to hope carma gets them

#10 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

i was at the airport and i had seen an older couple in a brand new bmw push one of those big arse trolleys that you stick your luggage on into a new small car like a astra or something...

i couldnt get over there quick enough to save it from hitting it...

And to my amazment the bmw people sat in their car and watched as it hit the car..i felt dragging them out of their car and ramming the trolley into their car..then walk off and say HAVE A NICE DAY ARSEHOLE !!

These dickheads just dont think, or they do and say "oh well they have insurance"

Having a nice car these days means you need some one sitting in it when its parked some where just incase

:furious: :furious:

#11 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:02 PM

That absolutely sux... I had a similar thing on the ford.. busted tail light cause some PRICK side swiped the car ( cut the corner obviously) in a car park..... $160 later...

Hopefully they get what's coming to them.

Good on the Auto Sparky for doing the RIGHT thing!! Far too rare these days!

Cheers

#12 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

thats a bummer dood.That really shits me.I had a case like scooters a while ago and the guy left his details for me..Guess i was a lucky one..

#13 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hope you find whoever did it Mick... It really sucks.

#14 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 05:56 PM

not much chance of catching them unfortunately. I wish I had caught them. The other day i was driving through the shopping centre when this old arsehole just let his empty trolly go. It rolled out right in front of me and I couldn't get past. I yelled out at him "are you just going to leave that there?" to my amazment, he simply said, "yes" and walked off as I mouthed a shitload of a buse in there, some of it along the lines of "no wonder people become rasist to BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP....." I just want to get out in the car and catch these sorts of arseholes now, it really annoyes me. I can fork out of my own pocket, or claim insurance which will cost me more in the longrun. I'm guessing this will be upwards of $1000. Any panel beaters give me an idea?

#15 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

Could always do as i did in my torana and just leave it...

Some scum bag ( i worked out it was the neighbour across teh road from us!!) backed into the passenger front guard and completely stuffed it.. similar damage to yours.. And i didnt notice it till i left for work and got around the corner to hear teh guard grinding on the tyre when i cornered!!

I shoulda blown up their heap of shit.. really should have..

#16 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:08 PM

RED,
I parked the wrx IN bUNNINGS AT tUESDAY 9.15 AM...4 CARS IN THE PARK...WAITED AT THE COUNTER FOR 5 MINUTES...WALKED OUT,...THERE WAS 4 MORE CARS..OLD PEOPLE (60+ I REMEBER)i REMEMBERED AND MY CAR WAS KEYED FRONT TO BACK ON THE DRIVERS SIDE DOWN TO THE METAL...FULL RIGHT HAND RESPRAY...METALLIC RED...hOPE HE DIES FROM ABSPESTOSIS! THE PRICK!!!
RORY
i KNOW I HIT THE CAPS BUTTON BY MISTAKE BUT IT FITS NOW I LOOK AT IT!

Edited by rorym, 01 July 2006 - 06:10 PM.

#17 _Herne_

_Herne_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:29 PM

I feel for you REDA9X - Bummer.

Seeing as you were doing a favour for Shannons would it be too much to ask them to help get it fixed at perhaps cost from one of their favoured repairers?
Good luck with that one.

Cheers
Herne

#18 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

yea i remember my mum borrowed dads car one day and took it to the supermarket and parked out the front and this stupid prick backed into it and drove offf people got his number plate numbers and they tracked him down and the prick wouldnt pay up!!

dont worry reda9x as hopefully karma will kick in as what goes around comes around!!

cheers chevy

#19 _wraith75_

_wraith75_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

IT happend to my wife's vs the girl left a note under the wiper .so when rach came out of work seen the red paint on back bumper red the note calmed down rang this girl. it cost $600.00 we paid and she is giving us $50.00 a week she dosent work full time and she is honest so some ppl in this world are honest.

#20 _Dirty Deeds_

_Dirty Deeds_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:27 PM

Dont worry Red, KARMA will fcuk'em.

Its happened to my cars so many times over the years that the last time a bloke ran into me - I just laughed at him ( the guy was shitting himself ). I told him to go home and hide in the cupboard.

#21 lxsstorana

lxsstorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Name:Mick
  • Car:SS Hatchback

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:52 PM

I just drove into Shannons to check out an A9X for them and when I came out to my car, some arsehole had driven into it and left the scene. I hope the prick catches VD and dies a painful death.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck REDA9X. I don't quite agree with the slow painful death, I would rather it be quick and even better if we were there to watch it (we can only hope this happens)

#22 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

the scum will get what they deserve

#23 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:37 PM

mate my cousins had worse she had someone scratch up the whole side of her car one day when she went shopping. and came back to find a note and a huge scratch and dints she read the note it said "bet ya would love to know who did this wouldnt ya"

#24 _MYLJ_

_MYLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

. I'm guessing this will be upwards of $1000. Any panel beaters give me an idea?

bit hard to tell from pics but from what I can see it should be between $650 to $1000 depending on how much damage there is to the bumper and its reo.

here's a breakdown of my gestimate,

R+R tailight, bar and reo ..........1hr
repair bumper reo ......1hr
repair bumper cover .....1hr
repair 1/4 panel.............2hrs
paint bar and 1/4 panel 3hrs

total 8 hrs labour X ?????? anything from $45 to $80 per hr.

paint and materials $200 to $300

thats my guess , don't hold me to it though :D

#25 Loui

Loui

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

RED whats the paint colour, I may have some here I could send to ya

At least it will save ya $120 a litre

VX right??