lxlh v8 crossmember

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _fatA9X_

_fatA9X_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:31 PM

hi guys new to this forum may sound a bit dumb but are 6 cylinder and v8 crossmembers the same or do you have to have a v8 one for a v8.also if changing to hq stud pattern on front. can i use standard hq-wb stubs and discs or do i need aftermarket stubs thanks alot wayne.

#2 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:34 PM

The 6 cyl and V8 front crossmembers are the same for LH and LX, UC's only had 6 cyl. engines but the x members are interchangeable. Most of us prefer an RTS UC crossmember.
Also 4 cyl. x members from later cars with the Holden Starfire engines also fit 6/V8 but the earlier Opel engines had the mounts welded in a different location.

#3 _azureblueslr_

_azureblueslr_
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

hi wayne ive recently changed my lh slr 5000 to hq front brakes all you need is
hq-wb stub axles swapped left to right ( so the brake calipers face forward instead of to the rear like hq-wb) hq-wb brake callipers,i used the hq ones as there smaller and fit better and as there cast iron theres meant to be less flexing wich the alloy ones are notorious for .i used the standard torana brake lines and i also used a set of harrop steering arms which in my oppinion are an essential part of the conversion ( 1) so you dont have to grind any of the calliper to clear the ball joint and (2) so the steering geometry is correct . you will also have to get different front springs as after doing the conversion your front will sit 45mm lower than the back (this is with after market springs like pedders or king ) this is due to the spindle being higher up on the stub with hq-wb stub axles which lowers the front of the car . i hope this helps you cheers

#4 _fatA9X_

_fatA9X_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

hi again thanks heaps guys just what i needed wayne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users