5 replies to this topic

#1 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 08:43 PM

Well I just got off the phone to the previous to the previous owner of my LC XU1. He was very helpful and passed on a wealth of information regarding my car. So to date I have managed to track my car back to 1984. He bought the car off a guy who worked for an exhaust shop in Bundaberg who only owned it for a short time. He was told that the car came from the Gold coast and the motor was built up by Bill Mann performance. Th car at that stage had been already painted Glacier White.

Does anybody know of or remember a glacier white or yellow dolly LC GTRXU1 that cruised the streets of the gold coast in the early 80's

any leads would be a great help

cheers

Luke :spoton:

#2 _troy_

_troy_
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:31 AM

The one in my garage is Yellow Dolly ,Perth owned for last 12 years ,built in adelaide

#3 slr5640

slr5640

XA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Name:Brian

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

Good luck with the search. This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past in a similar search. Lots of Torana enthusiasts watching so keep on bumping this along. Hopefully some one will read it and be able to help you out.

#4 xu1

xu1

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:02 PM

Torry nut

You could always try the freedom of information in QLD. I used them in WA,NSW & ACT to find all but one owner of my boroda sliver Bathurst lc xu1 , It's first owner was the Federal Police then sold to a guy in centeral N.S.W onto his friend in N.S.W then onto his brother in Camberra but by this time it was Yellow and so on until I picked it up about 7-8 years ago. All 3 states freedom of information were very helpfull, I hope that this helps you as much as it helped me. (but be nice to them)

xu1

#5 _lcxu1_

_lcxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hi, didnt realise your car was originally Yellow Dolly. One of my close mates, Tom, had Yellow Dolly LC in 1981, sold it to a guy who worked for Westpac (or whatever they were called then). This guy then was transferred in the bank. I'll try and dig out some pics, of the car. It was very original, wheels were chromed, that's about the only nonstandard thing at that time. Car had opel 4 speed, and 3100X block, which we had to sleeve no 6 bore, as he spun the big end and destroyed the bore. I'll see if I still have the details written down somewhere, I cant recall the build date,

Regards Simon

#6 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

cheers Simon!

any help would be greatful !

cheers

Luke