TREMOR - In Full Flight!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:14 AM

Well people as you all know the Torrie has been sold and the new peoject has been here for a while, i have given you the latest specs and some new pics!

Model : 1983 VH SL/E
Rego : TREMOR
Colour: Light Metallic Green
Motor : 308 Holden
Heads : VN Heads
Induction : Holly 750dp, Harrop Hi-Rise Manifold
Cam : Crow Cam (Large Solid)
Other Mods: A9L rods, Keith Black Forged Flat Top pistons, Full Stud Kit...and some other little bits and pieces :P
Ignition : MSD 6AL, MSD "Pro Billet" Dizzy, MSD Blaster Coil
Power: Not to sure B)
Gearbox: Racematic
Diff: 9 Inch, 31 Spline Billet Axels, Mini Spool
Exhaust: Pacemaker headers, 3' Mandrel Bent twin system, twin high flow mufflers & twin 3 inch resonator
Suspension: {Front:} Pedders 90/10 Shocks & King Spings {Rear:} Pedders 50/50 & King Springs
Wheels/Tyres: {Front:} 4' Pursuit Rims with Nankang 165/60/15 Tyres {Rear:} 8' Pursuit Rims with Yokie 352 235/50/15 Tyres
Interior: Stock SL/E Velour, power windows etc. Auto Meter Gauges, Momo Wheel, B&M Pro Rachet Shifter.
Other Mods: Gilmer Belt Drives, Carter Fuel System, 1/2inch lines (including modified fuel tank), Custom bonnet with BA GT Bonnet hump, MSD 6AL, Battery in Boot.

The car has just had a tune and I will be racing this wed so will keep you all up to date with the project!! :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

Unsure why i cant edit the above post but here are a few more pics, so far my best ET is 11:78 and we are hoping to better that time this Wed! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is an old shot of the engine bay, since then i have added the gilmer drives and had the brakes changed and also done some minor cleaning up but it gives u an idea :)

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 06 December 2005 - 06:02 AM

looks sweet to me... do you have any pics of it in action??

#4 Struggler

Struggler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Name:Andrew or AJ
  • Car:UC Sedan

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:40 AM

Great work !!! That is a good looking car.

I love VH SL/E's, have owned a couple myself. Same body mods, VK indicators and mirrors. It is a great look.

Great times, what stall speed are you using ? Cam specs ?

#5 _high_rpm_

_high_rpm_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:35 PM

man this is one nuts vh host up some of the videos as they are nuts

also will you swap my vh for yours? mine has a extra 2 gears :P

#6 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 06 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

That looks AWESOME :)

Well done mate! Cant wait to see it in action!

Can i ask about your puke tank from teh rocker covers... is that a line i see going back to the manifold? as well as the filter on top of the tank?

How does this work and how does it work over all!?

Cheers man!
Tiny.

#7 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

Denmaster, can you tell me how it drives with the 90/10 shocks up front? i don't know how much you drive it on the street or what but was wondering how it affected the steering, made it float around and more dangerous to drive or what. I was thinking about putting them on my torrie but its more of a weekender that see's only occasional strip action so might not be worth it, I already have to be a little bit careful because of the 165's up front like you also have.

Cheers,

Liam.

#8 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

Cool stuff! You taking it down tomorrow night? My co-worker is taking his car down for the first time, 355 VB SL/E. Try and line up against it if you can, I think it'd be an interesting race. :)

If I see you there I'll come up and say hello. *waves*

#9 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:49 PM

Zap, that thing's looking awesome. You're getting some great numbers out of it too mate, let us know how u go at the drags tonight.

Cheers,
Andrew

Edited by Broads, 07 December 2005 - 07:49 PM.

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Holy $#!+, I knew that thing was fast but faark that's unreal! Great looking engine bay and let's hope you can get it down to low 11s ;)

Take care of it, lol

#11 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

Cheers for all the comments guys, My new Welds arrived today (Like the ones in the pic above) and the car is looking sweet!

Took the car down the track and ran 3 passes 11:78, 11:76 & 11:70 so i was pretty happy with this as we have now managed to get some consistancy out of the car (And the 11:70 is my quickest pass so far :D ) The car definitly has a bit more in it and we would like to see it hit the 11:50's, so im back to the drawing board! :ph34r:

Struggler: Big Cam and approx 4k stally :D can give exacts!

Tiny: Thanks mate! Yep the line is going back to the manifold......supposably........but isnt doing a whole lot....hehehe :rolleyes: the tank just takes any blowback purely there due to the compression! :) and it works well to!

Liam: Hey mate the car runs sweet with the 90/10's, i wouldnt reccomend them for a daily driver but they make all the differece on the track! I do drive the car a bit on the street (on weekends mainly) just make sure that you dont hit the corners to fast and she should be sweet....also keep in mind what springs you have with the combo otherwise they are pointless :)

[BOTTLEDUP] Did you go last night?? Is your mates car a red VB SLE with N02 and simmons wheels?? If so NICE CAR! :D

I will upload some new pics and some vids tonight or tomorrow of the car in action :D

Cheers

#12 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

Unreal mate... 11.70 is a tough number for a streeter! for ANY streeter!

Thanks for the tip on the puke tank.. i'm just looking at ways of stopping some steam that i'm getting out on mine.. no drama!

Good stuff and cant wait to see the videos!

#13 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

Heya man yep I was there didn't get a chance to come over and say g'day. That was the car, the nitrous isn't hooked up atm, that was the first time Ben had been down the track, ended up with an 11.44 which he's stoked about.

Ur car looks sweet as who's doing the tuning for you?
Hope to meet/greet you some time! :D

#14 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:32 PM

Tiny: Its tough but you know the way it goes........always want to go faster :)

[BOTTLEDUP]: Cheers for the comments man, your mates car is really well done, nice and clean looking, not overboard and has the balls to back it up, looked like he had spent some big $$$ under the bonnet it was neat as and had all the good gear on it! he should be stoked with an 11:44 first time there, means he should be good for real low 11's. Do you have any of the specs?

I use Formula Tech in Bibra Lake for all my Tuning, Brett does a real good job and would deifinitly be one of the best mechanics i have ever used for Commodores, he was at the track that day in the Red VY Gen3 ute which was running 11:80's!!!

Unfortunatly it looks like i may have split a head gasket :blink: i havent blown it out yet but the signs are saying dont push it, so i will be replacing that before my next meet, better to be safe then sorry i recon! :P

Still havent got the vids up yet, i will do them as soon as i get home tonight :)

Cheers

#15 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:44 AM

Ahh ok yeah we supply Brett a lot of his bits.

Ben bought the car as is, bargain really for $15K when you look at what's in it. Keep an eye on Street Commodore's there's a feature coming up. The car has run a 10.88 at 121mph N/A, and a 10.55 with a 100 shot, backed off at 3/4 track hard on the limiter.

The engine was built by Derek Paulik when he was at Stone Racing. Stoney did the auto and diff, and yep a lot of serious money's been thrown at the car. Sometime in the next 6 month's we'll pull the engine and give it a freshen up, plus make a few little changes. ;) Our boss has a few ideas that will have the car more streetable (4500 converter and 4.11s atm) but still running low 11's in street trim.

Bummer to hear about the head gaskets, what brand are they? I'd strongly advise Felpro Race series, got them in stock give us a buzz tomorrow if you need them 9317 1915 ;) Ask for Dave.

Catchya at the track next time! :)

#16 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:45 AM

i'm just looking at ways of stopping some steam that i'm getting out on mine.. no drama!

It's called a Dart Little M block... ;) ;) :D

#17 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

hehehe no thanks ;)

#18 _[BOTTLEDUP]_

_[BOTTLEDUP]_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

Wuss... :P

I/we will be heading down this week again (this drag racing bug has bitten Ben hard) so if you are down drop by and say g'day. :)

#19 Tiny

Tiny

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:20 PM

heheh wuss....

Not wuss..... BROKE ;)

Had enough of spending on engines for now thanks ;)

#20 _twinturbotorana_

_twinturbotorana_
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

hey man i wanna buy your car

#21 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

hahahah Mate everything is for sale for the right price :D

And as for the video's i have been struggling to get the time to put the new vids on the PC and upload them so i have uploaded an older video of Tremor racing a WB with a pretty wild 383 Chev, this before i made any of the latest mods, it is about 5mb and dont worry about the spelling :P ..........enjoy :blink:

LINK: http://www.tremor.co... ...1 run 3.mpg

Cheers

Edited by DeNMaSteR, 23 December 2005 - 02:50 PM.

#22 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 03:32 AM

Im not exactly sure why, but for some reason i cannot edit my own posts any more!? :huh: Mods can you shed some light on this one??? :D

Anyway please disregard the link above, the new video link is as follows and there will be some new videos coming up soon:

TREMOR Vs 383 CHEV WB

Cheers

#23 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:56 PM

Nice bloody car mate, one of the better looking commodores i've ever seen

#24 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 30 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

Nice commy mate,
sounds awsome on the vid

#25 _DeNMaSteR_

_DeNMaSteR_
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:13 AM

Cheers for the comments guys! Now here is a question that is sure to get some mixed feedback............ :rockon:

As most of you know i am a torrie man and was completly devo when i had to sell my last piece of work :cry: , well the time is here where i may have the opportunity to transplant the VH driveline into a smaller car.......being an LC/LJ or possibly a LH/LX........... :spoton:

I want everyones opinion and am open to ideas! I have a donor car that is IMMAC cond (LC 2600 4-door), its only done and original 50,000 kms! some people would string me up for the idea of dropping my driveline into such an original car however at the same time its not an XU1 or anything like that and some others have noted it is the perfect car for a build as it requires minimal work!

I have run through the options of a total sleeper (Keeping the hubcaps and all on) but i also love the pro street look, At the moment these are only ideas as the VH is running mint and doing good times, but it is definitly a possibility soon..............very...............................soon............
So bring on the ideas :clappin:

cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users